Whats wrong with Aldo?

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im one of his biggest fans but unfortunately he seems to have lost it a bit since the mcgregor loss.

I don't understand how such a great fighter like Aldo can't see how he lost the mcgregor fight due to being to aggressive/careless early on then proceed to say he needs to be more aggressive.

Unless this is just a way to throw Edgar off (i doubt it)it doesn't sound like Aldo has learned his lesson from the loss.

Vintage Aldo is cool and calculated and picks his openings carefully, this being more aggressive talk will only hurt him imo.

If Aldo does come out aggressive and eager to prove a point he will not beat edgar and only beat himself, but if he comes out calm and picking his spots he beats Edgar all day.

10xrhi0.jpg

Its a tough time being an Aldo fan right now and hearing his interviews don't help.

The Edgar fight will tell us a lot about where aldo is at mentally.

Something something is normal.

Hope im wrong and Aldo blows Edgar away but judging from his interviews it looks like Aldo will once again go into the fight with too much emotion.

He can be aggressive without being retarded. He lost because he went for an eyes-closed haymaker from 5 feet away on the first punch. I don't think being aggressive by throwing a higher volume of strikes is a bad thing.

Possibly still rustled about the loss to Conor. That would rustle any fighter.

Rustled Aldo is here to stay unfortunately.

Conor won the fight even before the actual fight
He was in Aldo's head
Imagine you're the P4P #1 fighter in the world and you've been undefeated for 10 years and you have completely dominated every single man you've faced
And all of a sudden this random punk talks insane amounts of shit about you
You're going to bite your mouthguard and recklessly try to take his head off
That's what Aldo did and he paid the price
Unfortunately it doesn't feel like he's been humbled by the loss, he's gotten cockier and we're going to see "The King of Rematches" Frankie Edgar use this to his advantage

A large part of his selfworth presumably came from being the p4p fw champion. I can't imagine how humiliating it must be to lose in 13 secs to a guy who's been bullying and insulting you for months.

Gonna be cool to see how he comes back from that loss. some people come back and go on a tear and wreck everyone after a loss, or he could go down the same route his teammate Barao did.

A lot of fighters are mentally weak in this respect. Which is why humbling losses early on in their careers are good for them.

We'll see. I think he's a very emotional fighter with a lot of baggage upstairs. This loss may have unraveled him, but it may also have little to no effect. I think champions are most revealed through adversity, so this maybe the best Also we've seen coming up.
Or....

Conor won the fight even before the actual fight
He was in Aldo's head
Imagine you're the P4P #1 fighter in the world and you've been undefeated for 10 years and you have completely dominated every single man you've faced
And all of a sudden this random punk talks insane amounts of shit about you
You're going to bite your mouthguard and recklessly try to take his head off
That's what Aldo did and he paid the price
Unfortunately it doesn't feel like he's been humbled by the loss, he's gotten cockier and we're going to see "The King of Rematches" Frankie Edgar use this to his advantage

I don't think Aldo enjoyed that world tour for a number of reasons; being away from his family, doing all that travelling in a short space of time and I think he realised during the course of that that Conor wasn't just about hyping the fight up. And, of course, he made comments that Aldo wouldn't have appreciated.

People kept going on about how Conor was insulting and disrespectful towards him - which is true to a point - but I don't recall him saying anything that crossed the line. I think a lot of the Brazilians and Aldo fans knew that Conor was agitating him and two things were likely to happen; Aldo would use that to motivate him and kick Conor up and down the octagon or he'd fight a more reckless style and get clipped - not the way the fight turned out and how quickly it ended, but Conor was the last person they'd want to see Aldo lose too.

I think the only thing that could be affected is his chin - though he'll have being out for 8 months which should be probably enough time to recover from. I don't think he's a busted flush if he loses to Edgar or it should have any impact on him. Though it's hilarious how some people threw out their Aldo fan membership badges after the loss. Further highlights how fickle fans are.

He's a fighter. Stop being such a wuss

Something happened recently that suddenly made a bunch of fighters perform far below their best… Aldo, Barao, Weidman, Vitor, Hendricks… Maybe they switched from the red gatorade to blue gatorade.

Its a tough time being an Aldo fan right now and hearing his interviews don't help.

The Edgar fight will tell us a lot about where aldo is at mentally.
I agree. Aldo/Edgar is the fight I'm looking forward to most.

Back