I don't know why many fans on this forum have little attention to fight details...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Or they just chose to ignore it? Either they don't care, or they're bias, or they have no ethics!
It irks me so much when these details are left out of the discussion only for the true honorable fans. I'm talking about dirty fighting and how it shifts momentum of very close fights. Now we have Jones vs DC is a perfect example. If you watch the fight again, as soon as Bones pokes DC in his eye and the fight continues, the first thing that takes place is Jones kicking DC in his right ribs area where he his vision is blurred! Before that DC was bringing it to Jones. After that kick took the wind out of DC, it went downhill from there. You guys can say that Jones beat DC, but for some reason, you never mention that fact!

When you have a close matchup between top ranked fighters, an eye poke, or a groin kick is all it takes to win or lose! That's another reason why you can't compare the greats to someone like the Iceman or Bones, because those guys are cheaters in every meaning of the word, poke your opponents eye out and you can have an opening to win! That's just my 2 cents, prove me wrong?

Last edited:
This place is run by fanbois and mutual agreements among them.

Sort the shit, roll it in, Sherdog it up.

mh3nEug.gif

These same retards will also tell you Fedor was a world class striker, grappler and has the highest fight IQ ever. Yet he literally fights the same way every fight.

These same retards will also tell you Fedor was a world class striker, grappler and has the highest fight IQ ever. Yet he literally fights the same way every fight.
Fedor was just ahead of his time and once he fought well rounded fighters, he started losing, but he is not a dirty fighter and fights anyone!

Or they just chose to ignore it? Either they don't care, or they're bias, or they have no ethics!
It erks me so much when these details are left out of the discussion only for the true honorable fans. I'm talking about dirty fighting and how it shifts momentum of very close fights. Now we have Jones vs DC is a perfect example. If you watch the fight again, as soon as Bones pokes DC in his eye and the fight continues, the first thing that takes place is Jones kicking DC in his right ribs area where he his vision is blurred! Before that DC was bringing it to Jones. After that kick took the wind out of DC, it went downhill from there. You guys can say that Jones beat DC, but for some reason, you never mention that fact!

When you have a close matchup between top ranked fighters, an eye poke, or a groin kick is all it takes to win or lose! That's another reason why you can't compare the greats to someone like the Iceman or Bones, because those guys are cheaters in every meaning of the word, poke your opponents eye out and you can have an opening to win! That's just my 2 cents, prove me wrong?

*irks

yes we're usually biased when it comes to fights..

do I understand correctly that you really think that DC would won if not being eye poked ?

lol

So you are saying the problem around here is that we DON'T have enough people complaining about stuff like eye pokes.

... seriously?!?!

It is true that one illegal move can sway an entire fight.

Look at Hughes vs trigg. Sure Matt won but that fight was as close to being over from a groin.

Does show how one shot can change a fight

So you don't like Jones or Liddell, they only won fights because they cheated, and an illegal move can change the momentum of a fight? Am I following correctly? Is that it?

Because 90% of people on this forum are not only idiots but they also have never trained any martial art in their lives. Thats a dangerous combo - they say the dumbest shit and they are too fucking stupid to realize it.

Welcome to internet.

Is normal.

Prove me wrong? Can Jones win his next fight without an eye-poke?
He won all but three fights without eye pokes, so yes, he obviously can beat the elite without eyepokes.

It's a message board on the internet, you're basically dealing with the lowest common denominator of human life.

Though it's not restricted to just here, it's how all discussions/debates work. A person rooting for Example A (Be it a fighter, politician or proposed law) never brings up the negatives, that's his counterparts job to do. They only bring up things that help prove their point.

Sometimes you get people who come around here with an unbiased opinion, but for the most part it's human nature to only talk about the positive when it comes to something you like.

As for the eye pokes themselves, the thing that annoys me most are those who recognize them happening, but brush them off as an "Accident," and this is in all fights. It just so happens a majority of eye pokes happen when taller fighters are battling great grapplers/wrestlers. They say it's for range (which would be more important for the smaller fighter to have to judge as the taller person has much more leeway in screwing up) when it's usually used as a defensive tool to keep a person from rushing in to get a clinch, you don't need to poke them, but if you threaten with the poke they get leery of shooting in and getting a finger in the eye.

It's a message board on the internet, you're basically dealing with the lowest common denominator of human life.

Though it's not restricted to just here, it's how all discussions/debates work. A person rooting for Example A (Be it a fighter, politician or proposed law) never brings up the negatives, that's his counterparts job to do. They only bring up things that help prove their point.

Sometimes you get people who come around here with an unbiased opinion, but for the most part it's human nature to only talk about the positive when it comes to something you like.

As for the eye pokes themselves, the thing that annoys me most are those who recognize them happening, but brush them off as an "Accident," and this is in all fights. It just so happens a majority of eye pokes happen when taller fighters are battling great grapplers/wrestlers. They say it's for range (which would be more important for the smaller fighter to have to judge as the taller person has much more leeway in screwing up) when it's usually used as a defensive tool to keep a person from rushing in to get a clinch, you don't need to poke them, but if you threaten with the poke they get leery of shooting in and getting a finger in the eye.

My problem is the last part of your post is speculative bullshit. You construct a narrative that suits your agenda without knowing one damned that is going through the fighter's head. If Jones ends up getting disqualified for eye pokes at some point, I seriously hope you don't think his fans are going to be outraged. If you believe that, you people are more stupid than I originally thought.

Far as the other whining, it is not against any rules to lead with an outstretched hand, and that it's supposed sole purpose is to make an opponent paranoid about an eye poke is what I said it is, speculative bullshit. To have an opinion is one thing. To continually parrot shit like you got it firsthand from Jones himself, makes you and your ilk look like idiots whose hate is getting the best of them. It's wise to keep it at the fore that Jones does not know you people exist. Calm down a bit, before some of you end up screaming your conspiracy theories in a rubber room.

If Jones pokes someone in the eye, let the points be deducted. Other than that, it's not illegal to extend his hand. Nor is it his job to give his opponents the most comfortable positions from which to strike him. Stop whining for crying out loud. It's pathetic.

Back