Will Jon Jones suffer the same fate as Tiger Woods?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Tiger Woods was winning majors left and right when he had up to 14 mistresses. THEN he claimed to have pull himself together and he hasn't won a major since then.

gal-women-jpg.jpg

Jones was WINNING ALL HIS FIGHTS while partying, doing drugs, was riding a car late at night with 2 white, blonde women.

Then on the conference call today, he claims to have pull himself together and he no longer uses illegal substances. Does that mean the undefeated Jon Jones is no more? Will Jones go the same way as Tiger Woods?

Prime, undefeated Jones:
jonesjumpsuit.jpg

Will the new, clean Jon Jones be as unsuccessful as clean Tiger Woods? I'm afraid that's a very real possibility. Joe Rogan and Kosmo Kramer said it best: most geniuses are a little eccentric.

Clean, under-performing Jones
042316-jones-saint-preux-197-2.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

daniel-cormier.jpg

Tiger Woods was winning majors left and right when he had up to 14 mistresses. THEN he claimed to have pull himself together and he hasn't won a major since then.

gal-women-jpg.jpg

Jones was WINNING ALL HIS FIGHTS while partying, doing drugs, was riding a car late at night with 2 white, blonde women.

Then on the conference call today, he claims to have pull himself together and he no longer uses illegal substances. Does that mean the undefeated Jon Jones is no more? Will Jones go the same way as Tiger Woods?

Prime, undefeated Jones:
jonesjumpsuit.jpg

Will the new, clean Jon Jones be as unsuccessful as clean Tiger Woods? I'm afraid that's a very real possibility. Joe Rogan and Kosmo Kramer said it best: most geniuses are a little eccentric.

If he doesn't want his hoes..i'll take em ....

Interesting idea and a very real possibility. That specific idea is discussed in this book "Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable" by Tim Grover (Michael Jordan's strength and conditioning coach).

"With everyone watching and judging and analyzing every detail of his private life, that dark side evaporated; that kind of energy simply can't survive in the light. It completely loses its power, unless you're willing to stand up and say, 'Yeah, so what?' and go right on doing whatever you were doing."

In case you missed the message, Grover states his point explicitly in Relentless: "As someone who has known and liked Tiger for a long time, I didn't want to see that apology. I wanted to see him say nothing in public and show up ready to fight another day...No apologies. I wanted to see Tiger handle his situation with that kind of confidence. He built this intimidating reputation of being a killer on the golf course; I didn't want to see him hanging his head."

Grover believes that the same dark side that inspires elite athletes to set records and win championships also explains their risk taking away from the field of play and that in fact it is not possible to reach the highest level without having a dark side that inevitably spills over into other aspects of the competitor's life. Is it possible to become the best of the best without in some way giving in to the "dark side"? It would be nice to think that it is possible to be great without succumbing to darkness but the parade of elite politicians, athletes, writers and other highly successful people who have become embroiled in sordid scandals is not encouraging. Yes, of course one can find examples of seemingly well-balanced, happy people who are very successful but are those examples refutations of Grover's idea or just the proverbial exceptions that prove the rule? Without getting into graphic details and just limiting the discussion to basketball it is well known that many of the greatest players of all-time had/have tremendous appetites for gambling, drugs, lavish spending, extramarital sex and/or other activities that often result in misery for themselves and/or their spouses, children or other relatives. Grover's direct take on this subject is disturbing and uncomfortable not because he is off target but because he may very well be correct; how many times has someone been elevated to role model status only to eventually become disgraced when his transgressions are revealed?

hahaha i made a thread about this too
people were laughing at me
believe me it is possible for sure

Oh she's fine for me, but I'm not a famous athlete.
And normal folks and famous atheletes know that looks doesn't equate skills. It's not rare to see a super pretty woman that is awful during the action, because she got spoiled by guys dazed just by her looks and didn't care about developing a good blowjob and such.

This thread is utter shit.
GoT_slapping_joffrey.gif

Coke was his x factor. No coke Jones looked like crap against OSP. Add in the IV ban and Jon is going to lose to Cormier. Enjoy the decline.

This is laughable...completely. Don't break your arm reaching to create a comparison

Can't believe Woods banged the bottom left one.
I honestly think part of the appeal for woods to bang her was that she's just a normal chick. He's tiger woods. He can get any chick he wants, but he wants that solid 6 with a little cellulite. I think her being average turns him on. That's the only way I can explain it.

If Jones doesn't poke DC's eyes, then I'm 100% sure he will lose, 100%!

This is a misconception about Tiger...he was actually still pretty good when he came back from his drama. Age and injuries are what really curbed his career.

Can't believe Woods banged the bottom left one.

To some guys, it's all pink on the inside.

And normal folks and famous atheletes know that looks doesn't equate skills. It's not rare to see a super pretty woman that is awful during the action, because she got spoiled by guys dazed just by her looks and didn't care about developing a good blowjob and such.

QFT. I once hooked up a few times with a girl way out of my league who always had guys fawning over here and she was just awful in bed. I had to put in all the work. She was nice to look at, at least, and I got bragging rights from it.

Coke was his x factor. No coke Jones looked like crap against OSP. Add in the IV ban and Jon is going to lose to Cormier. Enjoy the decline.

You only wish the no-coke and IV ban will cause Jones to suddenly lose to DC somehow. Don't get your hopes up too high.

gal-women-jpg.jpg

Prime, undefeated Jones:
jonesjumpsuit.jpg

Clean, under-performing Jones
042316-jones-saint-preux-197-2.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

daniel-cormier.jpg

ridiculously funny comparison.

These athletes have almost NOTHING in common.

Foremost Jones beat the holy shit out of OSP after a year off and preparing for Cormier

People really do grade Jones performance vs. OSP too harshly I believe. He broke his arm, dictated the pace of the entire fight, and slammed OSP with what was one of the harder slams you'll ever see in the cage.

Tiger Woods is a whole different thing entirely.

Back