Robbie Lawler compared to -- > Sakuraba.

Summoning

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First, I am not trying to bashing Robbie, I think he is the most interesting champ, and the most fun to watch. Also I believe he would kick Wonderboy ass in a brawler storm.

I choose him because he is the actual WW champ, and because i still amazed with Kazushi Sakuraba career in the sport.

Robbie Lawler: 5´11 / 170 lbs (Natural Welterweight)

At WW he is champ and he dominate like a boss, but He lost to every MW he face: Evan Tanner, Mayhem, Souza, Kennedy, Larkin, Sobral (LHW)

Kazushi Sakuraba
: 6´0 / 167 lbs (Natural Welterweight)

Wins at HW: Funaki, Silveira, Shamrock, Igor (Draw), Cro Cop (Lost because accidental injury)
Wins at LHW: Vernon White, Belfort, Braga, Mezger, Rampage, Arsene, Randleman, Ritch, Smirnovas, Galesic
Wins at MW: Newton, Minowa, Yoon,

so..

Robbie Lawler WW GOAT candidate, if he try to face a bigger man he would totally lost his champ aura and probably get wrecked.
Same that happen to FW Champ McGregor who was destroyed be top10? Cabo Diaz...
Demetrious Johnson Undefeated at Flyweight, his only lost vs a Bantamweight..

Conclusion.. Sakuraba is amazing.

A gif to safe my fanboy thread...

giifs_of_really_hot_girls_46.gif

Last edited:
Lawler is not a welterweight goat candidate imo, too many razor close decisions.

First, I am not trying to bashing Robbie, I think he is the most interesting champ, and the most fun to watch. Also I believe he would kick Wonderboy ass in a brawler storm.

I choose him because he is the actual WW champ, and because i still amazed with Kazushi Sakuraba career in the sport.

At WW he is champ and he dominate like a boss, but He lost to every MW he face: Evan Tanner, Mayhem, Souza, Kennedy, Larkin, Sobral (LHW)

Kazushi Sakuraba

Wins at HW: Funaki, Silveira, Shamrock, Igor (Draw), Cro Cop (Lost because accidental injury)
Wins at LHW: Vernon White, Belfort, Braga, Mezger, Rampage, Arsene, Randleman, Ritch, Smirnovas, Galesic

so..

Robbie Lawler WW GOAT candidate, if he try to face a bigger man he would totally lost his champ aura and probably get wrecked.

giifs_of_really_hot_girls_48.gif

Saku> Lawler! The pedigree of fighters, he has fought and won is beyond amazing..

Sakuraba all day. You didn't even mention his wins over the Gracie's.
I bet we could all name ten guys better than Lawler historically.

He's had a good career but not the best ever

The comparison is apples and oranges. I doubt Lawler will ever be considered GOAT in any regards.

I do agree "prime" Sakuraba was amazing.

Saku by kimura-to-armbar transition.

Kazushi Sakuraba

so..

Robbie would KTFO Saku anytime in their careers. I don't care for resumes.

This, Sakuraba was amazing and his wins over guys like Belfort and Rampage are phenomenal. But Prime Lawler and prime Sak would end with a brutal TKO. Especially under equal circumstances, Saku was in Japan and we all know how they love their horse meat over there

Kazushi Sakuraba

so..

Saku is definitely amazing, as is Robbie. But lol at saying Robbie at WW goat candidate. Are you nuts

Sakuraba would most likely win if you somehow got a "prime vs prime" match up. Robbie has a shot to KO anyone, but, I'd still favor Sakuraba

Sakuraba would most likely win if you somehow got a "prime vs prime" match up. Robbie has a shot to KO anyone, but, I'd still favor Sakuraba
Saku is a tough sob but if I ever had to put down money I'd pick the ruthless one.

Lawler is not a welterweight goat candidate imo, too many razor close decisions.
I suppose he at least has an argument for #3 on the GOAT WW list. I probably wouldn't put him that high, but he's at least in the conversation. After GSP and Hughes, it's a very large drop off.

Explain what the fuck a "natural" welterweight is?

Put it this way with Robbie… If he stayed at WW - Does GSP go on such a big run? Robbie has only lost to Hendricks [In a controversial fight similar to GSP v Hendricks] and Diaz at WW.

His results are very similar to George. Conversely, if GSP fled to MW after the Hughes loss… How many losses would he have on his record?

Sakuraba's loss to Crocop wasn't by "accidental injury" lol

Crocop literally broke his face.

Same thing makes Dan Henderson so fucking good. Dude fought and won in 3 different weight classes.

Back