It makes you cringe when who is called a legend?

EricaLovesUFC

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Easily for me, Ken Shamrock. Iconic, yes, but for me a legend means having a success to go along with the longevity of your career. What ever Ken accomplished early on in MMA has been tarnished by many brutal and almost embarrassing losses

Anybody who dies automatically becomes a legend it seems in the 2016 world of political correctness and anti-fighter bashing

giphy.gif

Easily for me, Ken Shamrock. Iconic, yes, but for me a legend means having a success to go along with the longevity of your career. What ever Ken accomplished early on in MMA has been tarnished by many brutal and almost embarrassing losses

How dare you

Randy Couture and not Brock

Brock beat him.

Randy is only considered a legend thanks to extra fame garnered by 'scorpion king 2' and 'expendables'

I've become numb to it. Even guys with 1 UFC fight are called legends. The word means nothing in MMA.

McGregor
Bisping
Rousey

Those fighters mentioned are no where near being a legend of the sport. Maybe Ronda is the closest out of the bunch, but still. For me a legend is a longevity of work. Of beating the best of the best. Not about how many people you influence. Not about how much money you draw. Not about shocking the world once in your entire career. Pains me to say it, but Jon Jones has a legacy. If he wasn't such a f*ck up, he would still have his belt and probably would have cleaned out the division by now. Those 3 fighters named haven't done that, yet or maybe never.

Randy Couture and not Brock

Brock beat him.

Randy is only considered a legend thanks to extra fame garnered by 'scorpion king 2' and 'expendables'
what the fuck is wrong with you. Randy is in a very short list of multi divisional champions, in a major promotion.

what the fuck is wrong with you. Randy is in a very short list of multi divisional champions, in a major promotion.
Back when fighters were like tank Abbott. Once the level of competition improved randy was exposed.

Randy has 4 claim to fames:
1. Scorpion king 2
2. Expendables
3. Beating chuck
4. Fighting Brock

has anyone called bisping a legend?? if so i haven't heard it yet.
How long you been on Sherdog? Not trying to be funny but you have idiots claiming this. The biggest one is the one named Michael Bisping.

McGregor
Bisping
Rousey

Those fighters mentioned are no where near being a legend of the sport. Maybe Ronda is the closest out of the bunch, but still. For me a legend is a longevity of work. Of beating the best of the best. Not about how many people you influence. Not about how much money you draw. Not about shocking the world once in your entire career. Pains me to say it, but Jon Jones has a legacy. If he wasn't such a f*ck up, he would still have his belt and probably would have cleaned out the division by now. Those 3 fighters named haven't done that, yet or maybe never.
Bisping is tied for the most wins in the history of the UFC. He has landed more significant strikes than anyone in the history of the UFC. He has beaten Anderson silva, who many believe is the GOAT. He took the belt in a fight where he seemed to be a sacrificial lamb. He is also by far the most iconic and famous British MMA fighter ever

I think he is much more deserving of being called a legend than Ronda or Conor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back