will hendricks get better or worse from that ass whooping wonderboy gave him..

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I gave hendricks the GSP fight when I watched it live.

however, I did not give him the second lawler fight, because he got t-bagged the entire time. if he was in any other sport im sure his ball control would be appreciated. but not in mma

When he lost to Rick Story, he went on a win streak before losing to gsp. he then picked one up and then dropped one to lawler as I said before this happened

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

hendricks came back from decision losses, but this was the first time he was stopped and it was brutal.

what happened when he lost to gsp? he cried. Okay, close fight, big moment taken away, I get it.

when he lost to lawler? Cried. okay, maybe you really thought holding on to legs is what wins fights.

when he lost to Wonderboy? Cried, and even said wonderboy "ran", when he literally destroyed Johnny in a round.

Can hendricks really come back from that, especially being perhaps the weakest fighter mentally in the UFC ever?

Depends on if he eats the fries as well.

Last edited:
Mentality and momentum are huge in MMA. I think Johny doesn't have either of those going for him.

I think USADA also is contributing to Johny's downfall (IMHO).

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

what happened when he lost to gsp? he cried. Okay, close fight, big moment taken away, I get it.

when he lost to lawler? Cried. okay, maybe you really thought holding on to legs is what wins fights.

when he lost to Wonderboy? Cried, and even said wonderboy "ran", when he literally destroyed Johnny in a round.

Can hendricks really come back from that, especially being perhaps the weakest fighter mentally in the UFC ever?

Can't fool me, you motherfucker, you!

This is goddamned Ben Askren!

Caught ya, bitch!

I'd be impressed w anyone who actually could praise him at the moment when it's obv cool to hate on him and the things he says -he's a good fighter and I think he can come back strong if he makes the right adjustments - I also think wonder boy might be the next level we will see

Had a great discussion with @rjmbrd about it, he thinks Hendricks isn't the same anymore. I'm inclined to agree.

Prob worse, as he doesn't seem to have learned anything from the loss, and just makes excuses.

The best excuse was that Wonderboy was "running" the whole time, which to Johny means Wonderboy didn't let Johny hold him against the fence and shove his head into his nutsack

I don't really feel like Hendricks has ever come back stronger. He has seemed like the same (generally complacent) fighter in virtually every fight I've seen him in since the WEC.

I'd be surprised if he starts to improve now.

It may be BS... but I think that taking away IV f*cked Hendrix up... He hazn't looked the same since. Not just fighting... but even just the way he looks. he looks flushed.

Now that he'z got his diet coach & iz getting better at it... I hope to see him back in full form. I don't think we got to see the real Hendrix against Wonderboy honesty. He'll be back if he can get his weight cut straight.

Not taking anything away from Thompson though.

Last edited:
Mentality and momentum are huge in MMA. I think Johny doesn't have either of those going for him.

I think USADA also is contributing to Johny's downfall (IMHO).
Completely agree with everything you said. And when GSP walks away, and mentions poor drug testing being one main reason, I do think he is (mostly) referring specifically to Johny. Like he knows something we don't.

My take on JH is that he's a gifted athlete who is dumb as hell (not bashing), which often works to his benifit since he's an empty vessel that good coaches can mold to their gameplan. Problem with the wonderboy fight is that he didn't have his regular coaches and whoever he worked with apparently didn't bother to instruct him not to stand right in the sweet spot of Thomson's range.

Personally I don't think his mental state is any kind of factor at all. I think it all comes down to his condition and his coaching.

Last edited:
Had a great discussion with @rjmbrd about it, he thinks Hendricks isn't the same anymore. I'm inclined to agree.

Hendricks confirmed on his interview this week on Submission Radio that he still makes up his own camp, and hasn't joined a team. Still not back with Marc Laimon.

Thats pretty bad news ....

Prob worse, as he doesn't seem to have learned anything from the loss, and just makes excuses.

The best excuse was that Wonderboy was "running" the whole time, which to Johny means Wonderboy didn't let Johny hold him against the fence and shove his head into his nutsack
I think he also blamed his sparring partners for fighting differently to the way Wonderboy did. It was something like that, anyway.

I think he also blamed his sparring partners for fighting differently to the way Wonderboy did. It was something like that, anyway.
Right, too many excuses and not enough learning is what it seems like

Hendricks confirmed on his interview this week on Submission Radio that he still makes up his own camp, and hasn't joined a team. Still not back with Marc Laimon.

Thats pretty bad news ....
Yeah quite perplexed by his decision there. Seems he would have been well served getting into a gym with some other coaches after his last performance. His decision making has always been questionable tho.

I usually hold to a policy of not questioning the "manhood"of professional fighters. But Hendricks is a bitch.

Back