What makes Jacare think he deserves big fight coming off a 1 fight win streak

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What is all this talk Jacare talk about a title shot or fighting GSP all about the guy is a good fighter but cmon now........He is on a 1 fight win streak lol cmon now son I get it he was on a long streak an is 9-1 yada yada yada he is currently on a 1 fight win streak. NO title shot no way!

His last 2 losses are Yoel and Rockhold too and no big names inbetween except Machida after and Mousasi before the loss.

Fight with Yoel was close...could have gone either way. I personally thought Jacare won that one.

It's a good point, but who really has a better case?

Only Yoel, IMO. And even that is a little dicey.

Also, Condit got a shot on a 1 fight streak.

Gus got a shot coming off of a loss!

I see your point but the middleweight division is weird right now. Yoel Gesus is on the shelf for a minute, The Chris and Luke are both coming off big losses in title fights, Jacare makes the most sense right now.

Fight with Yoel was close...could have gone either way. I personally thought Jacare won that one.

This. Especially when you consider that PED thing. They might all be on steroids like Nate said, but well, innocent until proven guilty - and Gay Jesus was popped.

Whether we like it or not, Jacaré is the fight that would make the most sense now.

What is all this talk Jacare talk about a title shot or fighting GSP all about the guy is a good fighter but cmon now........He is on a 1 fight win streak lol cmon now son I get it he was on a long streak an is 9-1 yada yada yada he is currently on a 1 fight win streak. NO title shot no way!
His loss was a conroversial decision, I saw him win it. Not only that, we now all know the Cuban mofo was using. So for me in my head it was a no contest, I def. don't count it as a loss.

That's one more win than the minimum requirement to get a title shot, TS.

You could argue Yoel deserves it more, but he was juicero so I personally think he shouldn't get a shot. Weidman lost/injured, Rockhold lost, Vitor lost, Silva lost. Whittaker is on a win streak over nobodies.

Leaves the Gator.

The whole middleweight picture is messed right now, like Yoels pants.

hqdefault.jpg

>Implying you didn't watch the Romero/Jac fight

Nice try troll.

He's the only fighter in the top 5 of the MW division not coming off of a loss.

Well, he did sort of get screwed by the judges against Romero. Even if Romero took the first round 10-8, it should've been a draw. But Romero also grabbed the fence out of desperation, which kind of clouded the result.

Romero should be the next contender, but he's coming off of a suspension, and, truth he told, he'd likely beat Bisping, which is not great for the UFC.
Rockhold doesn't really deserve an immediate re-match. Put Luke against Vitor or Anderson.
Weidman shouldn't get a title shot off of a loss, nor does Bisping want to defend the belt at MSG - Weidman's backyard. Give Weidman a tuneup, maybe Whittaker.
Henderson is really not a bad idea for promotion, and he'd be fine to take the fight in London. But he is ranked 13th.
Jacare remains the best option, and he's being vocal to make sure that he remains in the conversation.

Due to his win run... he waz actually cued up for the next shot but got into Romero due to delayz.

While Romero waz under suspension Jacare for the title made perfect sense... but now that Romero is back... we gotta look at this again.

I personally don't like the idea of Romero getting a title shot after a PED suspension... but someone argued the point well in another post saying that the reason the suspension waz only 6 months waz because it waz proven to be a mis-labelled supplement that didn't list the prohibited ingredient. If that's true... then Romero should certainly get it. Otherwize Jacere is next.

However, I personally feel that they will give it to Weidman on the NY card just because of his involvement in the legislation for legal MMA in NY... & he is after all the one that Bisping replaced in order to get the title.

Last edited:
He's been at the top for years, he definitely deserves a shot.

Because his only loss in the UFC was in a fight he should have won, against a roided opponent.

IMG_20160630_132742.jpg

I guess he has a strong point if you consider that his fight with Romero and the decision was very controversial and that Romero got suspended for PEDs.
If you say I don't care, it's a loss, you're not completely wrong. It's not as strong as some people act.

Who else would you give it to OP? Rockhold & Chris are both coming off KO losses. Yoel deserves it more but he's suspended. If you think Hendo deserves a shot more than jacare then kill yourself. & I mean that literally. If you actually think Dan Henderson deserves a title shot In 2016 you need to strongly consider suicide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back