Confirmed vs Unconfirmed - UFC Bars

BBMN

Pancakes?!
@red
Reaction score
So what's the deal with unconfirmed bars on the UFC's website. You can search by area and see what bars have confirmed they're getting it. But you can also look for unconfirmed bars.

Can anyone that actually knows for certain how a bar is designated as unconfirmed enlighten me? Does the UFC simply list all bars that have ever purchased a PPV as being unconfirmed? Hoping that viewers will call the bar and pressure them into ordering it? Or do bars pay a deposit to be listed as unconfirmed?

I'm supposed to head out of town during UFC 200 so I can't watch at my normal bar, and the area I'm going to has zero confirmed bars, and two unconfirmed....

Here's a token of my appreciation for those that can help...

giphy.gif

Pick up the fucking phone and call them.

EZ. EEEEEEEEEEEZ

E A S Q

Pick up the fucking phone and call them.

EZ. EEEEEEEEEEEZ

E A S Q

I really was hoping to just get some info on the whole process. Like how does a bar get listed as unconfirmed? Surely someone must know.

And the bar claims they're getting it, but it's a local shit hole dive bar, and I don't trust Cletus on the other end of the phone line. Like..... if you're getting it..... why is not confirmed??????

Buffalo Wild Wings is almost guaranteed anywhere in this country. I would start there first, if there is one nearby where you are visiting

Buffalo Wild Wings is almost guaranteed anywhere in this country. I would start there first, if there is one nearby where you are visiting

Yea, I checked, and this place is pretty remote, so no BW3s :(

The UFC has a pretty decent search function for bars, and the closest confirmed bar is an hour from where I will be. This shit is stressin me out.

I really was hoping to just get some info on the whole process. Like how does a bar get listed as unconfirmed? Surely someone must know.

And the bar claims they're getting it, but it's a local shit hole dive bar, and I don't trust Cletus on the other end of the phone line. Like..... if you're getting it..... why is not confirmed??????
Where are you going that Cletus can't be trusted enoug to at least go to the bar on a Saturday night?

You have your answer. Now it's just a trust problem. That's all on you and your insecurities. Not cletus.

Where are you going that Cletus can't be trusted enoug to at least go to the bar on a Saturday night?

It's a little town on Lake Erie called Geneva. Small city with a few bars. This bar looks to be a biker/rock and roll type of bar. Does not in any way look to be a sports bar.

I don't feel I'm being insecure. I've worked for bars. The people answering the phone might not have the correct information.

And its literally the biggest card of the year and I want to take no chances on this. Especially since the nearest confirmed bar (in relation to this one) is an hour away. If I go to this place and they don't have it.... I'll be the one that's fucked over, not them.

It's a little town on Lake Erie called Geneva. Small city with a few bars. This bar looks to be a biker/rock and roll type of bar. Does not in any way look to be a sports bar.

Your first problem is you are in Ohio. But maybe you could call UFC if there is a help number on the bar thing and ask them what unconfirmed means

Like an hour from Roc? It cannot be that bad. There is an outlet mall near there, not much else in the area.

Unconfirmed means they've ordered PPVs in the past, but not yet ordered this card. Call them and ask if they will be ordering 200, you fucking goof. You may have to talk to a real human being on the phone, but it will be alright.

My guess is that "unconfirmed" bars are bars that "confirmed" for prior PPVs, but have yet to confirm for the upcoming event.

Unconfirmed means they've ordered PPVs in the past, but not yet ordered this card. Call them and ask if they will be ordering 200, you fucking goof. You may have to talk to a real human being on the phone, but it will be alright.

Beat me by seconds lol

Yea, I checked, and this place is pretty remote, so no BW3s :(

The UFC has a pretty decent search function for bars, and the closest confirmed bar is an hour from where I will be. This shit is stressin me out.
If your stressed out i suggest you see if the place your staying at has fast internet and relax and watch a beautiful
6a00d83456d0f369e20154340f351a970c-800wi

If not, then dont be a fucking cheap ass and order the fucking ppv like most everyone else.
FFS, its UFC 200, I rarely pay for ufc ppv's but i might even order it if my goto source isnt up to par.

Unconfirmed means they've ordered PPVs in the past, but not yet ordered this card.

Good. Thank you.

Call them and ask if they will be ordering 200, you fucking goof. You may have to talk to a real human being on the phone, but it will be alright.

Yea, I have. His promise that they will get it means very little if I show up there, and they don't have it, and it's starting in 15 minutes and the nearest confirmed bar is an hour away. Thanks though...

If not, then dont be a fucking cheap ass and order the fucking ppv like most everyone else.

I don't think I can order it on phone. I'm going to a city where I don't live. And being dragged to a bar I don't want to go to. Ordering it while there is a literal impossibility as far as a I know. Unless I can watch it on my phone, and ignore everyone else. So that's not gonna happen. Thanks though :/

Back