Is Renan Barao the most mentally broken fighter you've seen?

Scyth300

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Renan Barao at one point looked like the next big thing. 31 fight winning streak. 7 straight wins in the UFC.

What happened?

After Dillashaw he never looked the same. Jeremy Stevens has 12 losses. 2-3 in his last five and he beat Bareo 30-27.

Faber, and Mcdonald are high level strikers yet he looked completely lost against Stevens like he had no idea what to do.

Two years before that he was looking like a world class fighter.

No.

UNILAD-rousey350606-640x366.jpg

1117-ronda-airport-01-1200x630.jpg

In before Ronda even though she hasn't stepped into the ring yet.

Edit: shit.

No, that trophy goes to Paulo Filho.

I might have said Krazy Horse, but there was no pre-sanity from which he degraded from. He seemed to never have it to begin with.

Faber's a high level striker?

Wow, I didn't know that

He lost two times for the former champion. Went up in a new weight class and lost to a top fighter.

Give him a break.

stephens is bigger and hits like a truck. I thought barao clearly won the 1st and was doing well in the 2nd untill he was rocked. The fight was closer than it looked.

Stephens is a tough matchup for barao, hes a guy with heavy hands, good tdd, and good pressure.
Even then barao made the fight pretty close, i dont think hes broken at all.

Jeremy Stephen didn`t beat Barão 30-27, Barão won RD 1 and all judges scored 29-28.

no not at all. the jermey stevens fight was awesome and im glad stevens got the win, but barao showed he can still hang. renan just stands in front of his opponent to much

Mentally broken? Think War Machine or Mayhem takes that one. As for the most "affected by a loss" Could argue Rousey.

Baloney. He lost a 29-28 decision to Stephens in a great, competitive fight in his first fight back at 145. Barao was never some unbeatable guy. It's OK for him to lose some fights.
Ronda doesn't even want to fight anymore.

Chris Leben was also mentally broke during Urijah Hall fight..

Back