Dutch GOAT: Overeem vs Mousasi @205?

Reb

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who would win a fight @ 205? And could we consider the winner of the fight the Dutch mma GOAT?

They have both fought at @205 so I guess they can make the weight. I think they have similar skills, pretty much all-round, with Overeem having the power advantage and Mousasi the better chin.

As a Dutchy I like this fight though I don't think it will ever happen.

I guess with Bas Rutten in the UFC hall of fame he can be considered the Dutch GOAT. If Overeem wins the belt versus Stipe he will be a step closer to that status.

What the fuck??? You're bouncing all over the place. Overeem at 205? You've seen him the last 8 years, right? And then you talk about him if he beats Stipe, but you said 205?
Seriously, I don't get what you're asking.

Right now Overeem would die trying to make 205 or at least have to amputate a limb.... so mousasi I guess?

First of all... as a dutchy... Bas hands down. Overeem at 205 IMO would get smoked by Mousasi.

Bas? If Overeem wins the UFC title then it's not even remotely close. Overeem would be he GOAT European and up there with the heavyweight greats.

Mousasi wins, as he easily takes down a 1 legged Overeem, as thats the only way he makes 205

1 legged Overeem = worst takedown defense in the UFC

i think moose gets controlled by the bigger man. even at 205 the reem has a larger frame. bas vs reem liver kick vs uber knee would be interesting.

Overeem isn't as big as he used to be but 205 would probably be tough. And Mousasi weighs more than 205. Anyway, regardless of weihgt class...

Mousasi isn't a power puncher, wouldn't have his usual reach advantage, and he can't get Overeem to the ground. Demolition Man would demolish

I love Mousasi but Overeem has a better resume.

If we make a hypotetical matchup back when both where LHWs (in different eras) I think Mousasi survives long enough until The Demolition Man (that is how they called Overeem back then) gasses and finishes him.

Reem is better suited as HW and Moose at MW.

We talking about teenage 205er Overeem? Even in Pride he was literally p1ssing blood to make the 205lbs cut. It will never happen again. If 205er Pride Overeem fought Mousasi he would eat him alive. Im a fan of both fighters (usually like any dutch fighters because of their style) but they are on different Levels. Overeem won a K-1 world title. Was beating Prime Liddell on the feet when he was a kid. Overeem is by far the better figher.

In terms of the Dutch GOAT, hard to overlook Bas but Overeem has to be close. No love for Schilt too, id rank him over Mousasi too. Maybe bios being a K-1 fan in his era.

296bas-belts.jpg

Overeem can't make 205 and Mousasi has to eat himself up to it.

Moose is very durable. Id say he'd find a way towards tthat chin eventually.

Will never happen though.

lol @ bas. This ain't the ultimate bitchslapping motherfucker .

Also , Reem is a bad matchup for teh Moose. He can't outgrapple him and i don't see him outboxing him.

Speaking of Bas I bet he will be obnoxious about the Overeem-Miocic fight because for one he's a jealous hasbeen whenever Alistair is brought up, and he considers him a threat to his standing in the All time greats. Overeem is already above Bas but with UFC gold to top off his career there will be no question left whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back