How'll Anthony 'Showtime' Pettis look at featherweight!?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How'll Anthony 'Showtime' Pettis look at featherweight!?

Pettis is 5'10 with an 72 inch reach.

Pettis about McGregor picking his opponent:
"I spoke to Dana, Joe Silva, but it was all up to him (McGregor). They said RDA pulled out and they are not going to make him fight anybody, they are going to let him choose who he wants to fight. I figured he wouldn't pick me. So, I was a little excited about it, but, there was easier opponents and easier guys for him to fight."

The way Pettis looks now, I'd favor Conor.

Post USADA drug testing Pettis is unproven and needs a big win; from what I've seen of his past few fights, McGregor thrashes Pettis around and mauls him into a ball.

Of course he'z calling out Mac! Who wouldn't want dat payday...

diaz vs mcgregor rematch talk 2.jpg

Not sure how he got de-railed at 155 after coming on so strong, but really looking forward to seeing what he can do in the top of the 145 lb food chain.

Last edited:
Pettis about McGregor picking his opponent:
"I spoke to Dana, Joe Silva, but it was all up to him (McGregor). They said RDA pulled out and they are not going to make him fight anybody, they are going to let him choose who he wants to fight. I figured he wouldn't pick me. So, I was a little excited about it, but, there was easier opponents and easier guys for him to fight."

I'm stoked to see what Pettis brings to the table at FW. Oliveira is a good first fight for him. If he can't keep it standing against Oliveira then I really don't like his chances against the grapplers in the rest of the division, although he won't be giving up as much strength as he was at LW..

He would look bout ten pounds lighter at weigh ins is all I can guarantee.

I miss when Pettis was considered good...

One thing not to forget though is how Pettis even before USADA lost to Guida. He was never unbeatable obviously when he was at his best he was really really good but he was still always beatable and he had Bendo's number and it's not like the Melendez fight was easy I wouldn't be surprised if the Melendez fight had looked differently in a rematch

I get the feeling that Pettis is more concerned about his looks than about his fighting nowadays.

He better look good or he's off to Bellator.

Oliveria should be a good test for him at 145. Oliveria stands very tall and his striking defense is quite poor. If Pettis can keep it standing he should come away with the W.

I do however think Anthony has reached the Zenith of his skill set. Anyone else think he should maybe move away from Rufus Sport?

He desperately needs to win this, he can't afford to go 0-4. if he loses then he will get cut I think. you have to remember he has a very expensive contract, he is still on his championship contract that he signed before. UFC are not gonna keep him at that price being 0-4. its a must win fight for him...

In Bellator? Great!

I used to think Pettis/McGregor would've been a good fight maybe even a blowout in favor of Pettis but he hasn't really recovered from the RDA fight. Kinda like Barao...

If he loses to Oliveira, I say throw him in with Barao. Battle of the Broken Fighters?

Pettis is one of my fav fighters and i always thought he would look better @ 145. He hinted at 145 after he won the belt. Some guys at 155 are just too strong and big for him. 145 is perfect.

Back