Gray Maynard's last chance?

vigneshm1995

The Notorious V.I.G
@purple
Reaction score
He's going to fight Fernando Bruno on July 8th on the TUF 23 finale card
He has lost 4 of his last 5 fights, 3 of those by KO
I personally don't think he has evolved as a fighter and his chin has deteriorated significantly
How do you think he will perform this time?
Will he be cut if he loses this fight?

I think he will get dropped then subbed, after that I hope that he retires. Crazy to think that he came as close as anyone can get to winning the title but couldn't.

I think Gray should retire, his chin is shot and the game has past him up. Dropping to 145 is not going to help him rejuvenate his career imo.

His chin checked out years ago. Not to discredit him at all but it seems now like his wars with Frankie have served only as flattery.

Frankie wrecked him, after their two fights he lost that thing that is needed to comeback a better fighter.

Yeah, Maynard really fell far. Poor 'Willin'.

Ive allways liked Gray´s style.
His last 4 fights have been brutal for him and his record .... 36 years old ... i dont know ....... id say , as long as he is willing to keep on fighting the UFC should keep him.

Dudes been ko'd too many times. Think he should hang'em up...

He was never the same after Frankie put his lights out. I'd like to see him win but if he doesn't be should look at hanging up the gloves.

Maynard has just looked like a shell of his former self against Pearson and Yakovlev.

I feel bad for Gray. I can't even win with him on ufc online!

I hope Maynard does well. He's taken some serious head trauma and I hope he looks at what's best for him, his family, and his health going forward. It would be good to see him back in the win column.

He deteriorated as fast as anyone I can recall. From nearly winning the belt, to getting KTFU repeatedly and no middle ground. If he gets knocked out again, I just don’t see them giving him any more fights. He could surprise us and look great, it wouldn’t be the first time. But that chin is suspect.

I can't believe he has not been cut yet. 1-6 in his last 7 fights and the win was a split decision that could have gone either way. he was slow as it was at 155.. now at 145 he will be against even faster guys.

Oh, 100%. He should've already been cut.

I can't remember the last time he looked mediocre in a fight, let alone good.

His last chance has already gone, this is just cruelty at this point.

Back