Zingano the next dominant women's bantamweight champ?

Mr Wings

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I could see Zingano getting the belt and holding on to it for a while. She beat the current champ, Miesha Tate, by beautifully destructive knees to the head. She brutalized the woman currently contending for the belt, Amanda Nunes, with punches and elbows on the ground. She is undefeated aside from her loss to Rousey, and the only place Rousey can be found nowadays is acting school in L.A. 8 of Zingano's 9 victories are by stoppage. She's a killer. If she beats Peña at UFC 200, who is ranked #5, she'll likely prove she's still got what it takes after her time off. We won't know until the fight though.

What do you all think will happen on July 9th, as well as further down the line for Zingano?image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I could see it, she's been improving her muay thai on her time off as well. Hope she makes a strong comeback.

I could see Zingano getting the belt and holding on to it for a while. She beat the current champ, Miesha Tate, by beautifully destructive knees to the head. She brutalized the woman currently contending for the belt, Amanda Nunes, with punches and elbows on the ground. She is undefeated aside from her loss to Rousey, and the only place Rousey can be found nowadays is acting school in L.A. 8 of Zingano's 9 victories are by stoppage. She's a killer. If she beats Peña at UFC 200, who is ranked #5, she'll likely prove she's still got what it takes after her time off. We won't know until the fight though.

What do you all think will happen on July 9th, as well as further down the line for Zingano?View attachment 112821View attachment 112823View attachment 112825View attachment 112827View attachment 112829
I think Pena beats her on July 9th and Zingano doesn't win the belt down the line .

I could see her beating Tate or Nunes again, fucking love Zingano.

Probably not. She's much better than what she showed against Rousey though.

I give Miesha the edge on the rematch, I also think Holly is a terrible match-up.
And I'm actually picking Peña.

Miesha was shooting for a takedown (even though she obviously was rocked, but she wasn't neither out and haven't stopped deffending herself), Winslow is just not a very good ref.

As exciting as Cat is, she doesn't have the process or style/IQ to be a dominant champ

She relies too much on comebacks to win fights. The Pena fight will tell alot tho.

But to me she's more Cerrone than RDA. She doesn't have that consistent process to be a dominant champ.

I could see it, she's been improving her muay thai on her time off as well. Hope she makes a strong comeback.

Her muay Thai isn't what needs improvement compared to the weaknesses in her game.

Miesha rematch would be even.

Holly and cyborg wreck her

Cyborg doesn't fight at that weight. I still feel like Holly's a little bit of an unknown, as in can she patch the holes in her game and keep improving, or will she plateau? She's an incredible competitor, so I could see her improving.

Miesha was shooting for a takedown (even though she obviously was rocked, but she wasn't neither out and haven't stopped deffending herself), Winslow is just not a very good ref.
That was a good stoppage, Tate wasn't defending herself and was getting blasted with knees to the face for about 30 seconds straight. This pic says it all.

method=get&s=cat-zingano-miesha-tate.jpg

Cyborg doesn't fight at that weight. I still feel like Holly's a little bit of an unknown, as in can she patch the holes in her game and keep improving, or will she plateau? She's an incredible competitor, so I could see her improving.
Yes I know that, but cat said she'd face her in a catch weight.

I definitely think she'll keep improving. She's got the best team behind her and the improvement she showed from pre Ronda to ronda was exceptional.

You and everyone else better hope the fuck she's not. She fights on average once a year. Who the fuck wants a champion that inactive?

Back