I think a 125lbs Women Title is Pointless

Shishio

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think it should be like the men's, if they want an equal playing field so much. There are so many heavyweights that would kill for a cruiserweight 225 division, but instead they suck it up and compete at Heavyweight...so this 125 lbs division between 115 and 135 is bullshit.

I'm all for 3 women divisions but something like: 115, 130, 145 or 150. We need a division for strong, independent women.

Ba dum tssss

fzWKj3k.gif
:D

Yeah I don't like the idea of the 125 division, wmma is still growing and the 135 and 115 division are going to be shallow with this 125 division.

What is wrong with a weight division. It's a weight division.

I'm all for more weight classes as long as there is a cap at Featherweight, 145. Past that we go into uggo fatty territory.

Ok, of course there are genetic specimens, that look amazing at 152, case in point
310711d1447925346-mma-upset-century-holm-kos-ronda-rousey-holly-holm-mma-ufc-weighin.jpg

(when she fought at higher weight class)

Holly is probably the ultimate outlier

If they are to introduce a new.women's division, I think 145 should go first, purely because of Cyborg.

The bigger the gap between weightclasses, the more it forces fighters to either dehydrate themselves or fight people bigger than them.

Makes for the possibility of more finishes in fights maybe, but isn't exactly the best for the fighters.

There are so many heavyweights that would kill for a cruiserweight 225 division, but instead they suck it up and compete at Heavyweight...so this 125 lbs division between 115 and 135 is bullshit.

Except that cruiser-weight isn't recognized as an official weight-class by the unified rules, while 125 is.

That's disappointing. At least add 145for the best women's fighter of all time. And when she retires abolish wmma and move them to invicta. Then close down invicta.

lol what an idiot, the difference between 115 and 135 is astronomical, it's a joke that they don't have 125

Back