What would be more shocking: Condit submitting Maia or Maia knocking out Condit?

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
UFC-202-Maia-vs-Condit-Fight-Poster-750.jpg

Demian only has 1 legit knockout win in his career, which was his 1st fight nearly 15 years ago. He has 2 other TKO victories but both due to injuries. Carlos is known for his iron chin arguably the best in WW history. He has never been knocked out in MMA, only lost by TKO due to injury.

Carlos has one of the best guards in the division but is a white belt that only just started rolling with gi. He was known for his grappling and subs in WEC, and for having some of if not the best sweeps in the division. He loves threatening kimuras to sweep or get favorable positions. Condit hasn't gotten a submission in 8 1/2 years and has none in the UFC (tho he was close to choking Kampmann). Demian has never been submitted in MMA and is in discussion for best grappling in MMA history.

Id say Condits BJJ is better than Maia's striking. Also its not that crazy to think that Condit could catch Maia, rock him and then sub him.

both are pretty doubtful scenarios, but at the same time both could happen lol

This is easy. There's no belt that makes you a master while or after you took a fucking beating...You can expose your neck.

Condit could drop him and RNC him before Maia KOs Condit, imo.

Maia drops Carlos with a 4 punch combo and dives into triangle ala Fabricio / fedor

Maia is more of an elite grappler than Condit is an elite striker.

If it was Wonderboy vs Condit, this would be a tougher question.

Condit has very formidable submission skills. Couple Maia's less than top tier striking and Condit's iron chin, and a KO from Maia would be insane.

Maia knocking out Condit. Unless it's like a TKO with Condit belly down and flat.
If Condit gets Maia rocked he could get a sub. Not likely, but possible.

Obviously Maia knock him, is not even close! Carlos eat everything from super saiyan Robbie and was still fighting back and he also have a couple of subs wins.

In the other hand Maia have only one TKO and that was in fucking 2001! pillow fisted and slow-motion Maia knock him GOAT chin Condit? I can't think in something crazier than that.

This is easy. There's no belt that makes you a master while or after you took a fucking beating...You can expose your neck.

Devil's advocate: having to worry about takedowns can expose your chin.

Honestly, I see people saying Condit would hurt him and than could get a submission, and that is obviously a much likelier chance but Condit can get a submission victory on its own.

The man is wickedly talented, and obviously Maia is on his own level and could very easily backpack dominate for 3 rounds, but Condit is also crafty and smart enough to capitalize on a wild shot and get a sub.

Its super unlikely but its not a mad theory.

Maia getting a standing KO is a mad theory

Condit subbing Maia.
Maia is a bad ass BJJ practioner.
Rolled with and rolled up HWS.
If Condit was to submit, my heart might explode.

Anyone can knock anyone out in a 1 in a 100 sort of fluke way.

Neither would rock my world tbh. Ofc. I'd be surprised.

Daze a grappler enough in MMA and it's not a big stretch to snatch something up. K-1 Maia is not a good striker but Condit's chin could crack at any time really. It has quite a bit of mileage and Lawler fights seem esp. taxing for fighters' chins.

Never underestimate MMA.

Maia ain't knocking out shit. The dude has three TKOs in his entire career--AND TWO OF THEM WERE INCIDENTAL INJURIES!!!

At least Condit actually has submissions against decent competition, 13 all told...

Last edited:
Honestly, I see people saying Condit would hurt him and than could get a submission, and that is obviously a much likelier chance but Condit can get a submission victory on its own.

The man is wickedly talented, and obviously Maia is on his own level and could very easily backpack dominate for 3 rounds, but Condit is also crafty and smart enough to capitalize on a wild shot and get a sub.

Its super unlikely but its not a mad theory.

Maia getting a standing KO is a mad theory
Exactly.

Condit has a good ground game - nowhere near Maia good, but even if Condit didn't rock Maia then sub him the gap in their ground abilities still doesn't seem as big as it is between Maia's standup and Condit's once Condit's insane chin is counted into the equation.

Still, it's a fight and this year has seen plenty of weird upsets and unexpected finishes. Nothing is impossible.

Neither would rock my world tbh. Ofc. I'd be surprised.

Daze a grappler enough in MMA and it's not a big stretch to snatch something up. K-1 Maia is not a good striker but Condit's chin could crack at any time really. It has quite a bit of mileage and Lawler fights seem esp. taxing for fighters' chins.

Never underestimate MMA.
Even still, both outcomes would be equally
giphy.gif
to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back