Who achieved more: Chuck Liddell or Shogun Rua?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What u guys say? Chuck or Shogun? Chuck is probably richer, lol, but im talking about MMA accolades ;)

Chuck was only UFC LHW Champ at a time when the best fighters were in Pride. The moment those fighters crossed over to the UFC, Chuck got splattered.

So while Chuck did more for the sport in terms of building up the US fanbase, Shogun did more, taking the Pride MW GP, lording over the Pride MWs and eventually taking the gold in the UFC.

I would easily give the advantage to Shogun.

Chuck without question, then again I'm a Chuck fan.

Chuck was only UFC LHW Champ at a time when the best fighters were in Pride. The moment those fighters crossed over to the UFC, Chuck got splattered.

So while Chuck did more for the sport in terms of building up the US fanbase, Shogun did more, taking the Pride MW GP, lording over the Pride MWs and eventually taking the gold in the UFC.

I wouldn't say that. He lost to Rampage and Shogun but beat Overeem and Wanderlei and Randleman.

definitely shogun.

his soccer kicks and head stomps are the stuff of legend.

At first I want to say Chuck. But Shogun was UFC champ too. Shogun beat Chuck and Rampage as well. Shogun defeated Machida first. Shogun achieved more and is a better fighter.

Shogun, and it's not even really close in my opinion. I say that with huge respect to Chuck though. Both top tier LHW legends.

Shogun by far. I still love Chuck!

Shogun, Chuck is vastly overrated

Shogun.

Chuck got starched by most who was a MMA fighter rather than a one dimensional fighter.

Delusional. Shogun has an apalling ufc record and if not for his fan base any other fighter be axed eons ago especially after the Forrest drumming.

I wouldn't say that. He lost to Rampage and Shogun but beat Overeem and Wanderlei and Randleman.

+ 1

Chuck lost after he had fallen off. If Chuck in prime fought Rua hebwoukd win on heart alone. Bones made Rua tap to strikes. People forget.

Shogun's '05 run is about as impressive as Chuck's entire lhw championship run imo. Add on him ending the Machida era and getting that belt seals the deal. Now, if were asking who did more for the sport then it's probably Chuck. Then again I don't live in Japan or Brazil so I don't know what he did for mma in those countries. There are plenty of fighters more accomplished than Chuck but not as famous or as accomplished outside of the cage. When it comes to mma in America, few have paved as much of the road as Chuck.

Commercial-disclaimers-2014-Duralast-brakes-commercial-UFC-fighter-Chuck-Liddell-The-Iceman-throws-rhino.jpg

Chuck beat the shit out of a rhino... A FUCKING RHINO.

If I remember right it was two different generations that crossed. There was chuck/Wanderlei generation then came shogun. Accolades, shogun takes it with wins over better competition, but what does "achieved" mean? But he also had losses to lesser competition. So... shogun probably achieved more but was also more inconsistent?

Back