I knew if Cowboy won- Sherdog would dismiss it as "Cote's washed"

Tony Ferguson

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seriously, what is with some of you !?

Donald, as someone stated before the fight- didn't have "ANYTHING enough for Cote"

And yet Cowboy showed improvement (finally) EVERYWHERE and y'all wanna discredit his domination over Pat by saying he's "out of his prime" ?

Yeah.. he was on a 2 fight TKO streak coming in vs Cerrone, was 6-1 in his last 7 (the loss being to Thompson ffs), and has never been really hurt before besides Wonderboy! (until Cowboy obvi)

Man, I don't care what anyone says, its a big deal we destroyed Cote when all the odds were against us

Ngl, thought my fav fighter was done after the 2nd RDA L. Not DONE but prob done with title shots and that WW was a terrible idea and we were too small & gonna get our ass beat by any WW

I def didn't think he was going to randomly get that much better & actually work on the 3 things I thought would always stop him from being truly elite // champ- his movement, striking defense and his boxing

But goddamn did he prove me wrong !! Legit EVERYTHING was improved, allowing Greg to take his camp over really seems to have helped, he looked like a fucking beast against a really tough dude & I'm fucking proud

And yet, after all that, why am I not surprised Sherdoggers give him pretty much no chance against Rick Story lol ... So my question here is simple, WHY?

If he does beat Story, even if it's dominately, you guys will say the same thing about Rick being "washed" & "out of his prime" :(

Last edited:
Way to come out a week after the fight with "I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

Everybody I've seen was saying Cerrone is a motherfucker and looked fantastic.

Man, I don't care what anyone says, its a big deal we destroyed Cote when all the odds were against us

rofl what's this "we" shit?

All odds were against Cerrone, except the actual odds, which had him pegged as a favorite.

giphy.gif

No idea what you're talking about TS.

None.

Cote ain't washed up - Cerrone was just the better man.

I called cote washed up a long time before this fight.

Also, I'm pretty sure cerrone was the favorite.

That's amazing, I thought the same thing before the Count vs Rockhold, total dismissal. As soon as Luke lost, Sherdog would be plain shitting on Luke! Bandwagon SOBs.

Well I thought Côte was going to win. The closer it got to the fight I realized it was possible Cerrone would take to the new weight class really well but ultimately I thought logically Côte would win. Man was I wrong, Cerrone looked fantastic. He was noticeably bigger than Côte which was surprising, he was way quicker, and he just seemed to have more gusto if you want to call it that. His punches seemed to have more snap on them too. Côte is a tough tough dude and he got beat down. I think WW was the class Cerrone should have been at all along and he could very well end up being one of the top guys in the weight class, then again I've obviously been wrong before.

If you thought a huge top 5 LW couldn't beat a small not top 10 WW then slap yo self.

Also, for the record, just because of this thread I'm going to pick Vendetta, sorry Ton.

From Cote's pre fight interviews he seemed ready.

Cowboy won because of STRATEGY (prob from Greg Jackson). He took down Cote a bunch in the first (which he doesn't normally do). And the rest of the fight he wasn't fighting "the best Cote." He was fighting a backing up and less than optimal Cote.

nobody talk about this fight except you seriously ive seen like 2 thread on sherdog stop smoking crack

giphy.gif

No idea what you're talking about TS.

None.

Cote ain't washed up - Cerrone was just the better man.
Yeah I've honestly not seen many people saying Cote is washed up. I've mainly just seen very high praise for Cowboy.

Everybody I've seen was saying Cerrone is a motherfucker and looked fantastic.

rofl what's this "we" shit?
I second this. No one has said Côte is washed up. Rather everyone is saying Cowboy is a beast.

Back