Are you noticing the casual hype for UFC 200

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When UFC 196 was 10, 9 days away you could feel the hype in the air I guess. There was alot of buzz and excitement going around. Personally I am excited but I don't know how much the casual audience is. I really don't think UFC 200 is gonna do as well as expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't pass the million mark (not saying it wouldn't, just that I won't be surprised if it doesn't).

I'm barely seeing any advertising for it.

Who gives a shit?

It's gonna be a great card. Fuck what the casuals want.

I agree. Lesnar is not the same draw now

Well his last fight with overeem didn't do so well in terms of ppv buys. But some could argue he's bigger than ever nowadays. I still don't feel the hype tho.

When UFC 196 was 10, 9 days away you could feel the hype in the air I guess. There was alot of buzz and excitement going around. Personally I am excited but I don't know how much the casual audience is. I really don't think UFC 200 is gonna do as well as expected. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't pass the million mark (not saying it wouldn't, just that I won't be surprised if it doesn't).
I have been busy spreading it personally, the only reason I come here is because I have no hard core friends to talk MMA with and I figure the more attention to the sport the better!!! :)

yeah, cant see it being as successful as some are claiming it will be

Should go over the million buy mark. The card is stacked top to bottom. Was hoping tho they would throw up like a 7 or 8 fight main card instead of the usual 5. But i mean I'll take 3 title fights, cain/browne and brock/hunt

I don't know man. 199 was the best event in a loooong time for me. It's going to take a flying Lesnar mouth piece at the least to even come close

Who gives a shit?

It's gonna be a great card. Fuck what the casuals want.

Well given that the UFC is doing everything in it's power to make this the greatest PPV ever. And with the amount of media push and money their spending on it. the lack of casual attention seems like a curious thing don't you think?. I would think it would be a topic worthy of discussion.

Lesnar drew 500k his last PPV.

Jon Jones drew 300-400k his last PPV.

They should spend more on advertising in the appropriate channels!

Casual...

Sorry buddy. I have not seen even the most minimal hype. No billboards. Only a couple of 30 second tv spots.

No hype at all.

Not really.

Haven't heard to many bring it up. I brought it up to a few guys at work, they heard of Lesnar coming back. Didn't know who his opponenet was so I had to break it down for my co-worker homies.

They didn't seem to interested.

Here's the difference between this card and 182 as well as 100: No drama. Lesnar was feuding with Mir and was going for a title and was beaten, so could he have his revenge? Also, the Jones/DC faceoff with the shoe as well as the surrounding hate easily sold 500k ppv buys, as can be evidenced by the 800k buys. No drama between any of the main card fights.

It'll still sell a million, but could it break 1.6? That's tough to say. People have asked me "is that lesnar guy back again" as if they're almost exasperated that the UFC had to resort to his gimmick again. Sure, it's anecdotal and means nothing, but it could be indicative of people rolling their eyes over this. The CM Punk thing has also turned a lot of people off, expecting him to fight in April, then this card, or August but now September maybe but probably not. There was a lot of support for him and the hype was running hard, but it's a bit tired from riding for so long with nothing to show for it (phrasing).

Also, a lot of fans including hardcores like myself are preparing themselves for a long week. We have Thursday RDA/Alvarez, Friday JoJed/Claudia, and Saturday 200. That's a lot of fights to watch. It's a lot of hours in three days, and of course people like me will watch every prelim on fight pass all the way to the post fight pressers. I'm no groundhog expert, but that's at least 18 hours of fights plus pressers in three days.

Hunt vs Brock doesn't excite me as other potential matchups. Browne vs Brock would've been cool but I'm not complaining

Back