Belated Condit vs Diaz analysis...

MarkHematominick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ok, first off, I decare "I DID NOT ENJOY WATCHING CONDIT RUN FROM DIAZ!
With that being said, I drunkenly realized the logic in the Condit performance.

Look at the matchup on paper, and there are many similarities, with very few discrepancies.
Both men are violent, utilize constant forward pressure, high volume output, yet also are very durable and hard to finish, mixed in with the fact that neither man is notorious for having one-punch KO power (minus an exception or 2).
The only discrepancy: Condit rarely fades in fights, Diaz NEVER fades in fights.
Thus making Cardio/Stamina the only difference (assuming we're talking the standup they always keep to by 1st choice)

Combine all that with 3 things for Condit;
A) Title fight on the line
B)potentially life changing payday
C)The wisdom and logic of Greg Jackson constantly in his ear.

The best way to counter cardio a supreme cardio fighter= Greater technical striking + lower volume of cardio sucking strikes.

So Condit ran, pin pointed his way to victory, boring to watch, but it worked for Condit just Greg Jackson said it would.

WIth all that being said, I'd like to add "Non-Title Eliminator" Carlos to the list with "motivated BJ Penn...

Nick was never the same after this fight.

They both need opponents that will bang bro in order for them to have exciting fights.

Combine all that with 3 things for Condit;
A) Title fight on the line
B)potentially life changing payday
C)The wisdom and logic of Greg Jackson constantly in his ear.

What about that dog fight he promised us?

This loss didn't even hurt Diaz. He got a TS in his next fight.

Condit did exactly what he needed to win the belt. It was a huge let down to all of us but Condit fought the right fight.

Diaz won that fight. At first when I watched it I thought Condit won due to the leg strikes. But after rewatching I saw Nick landing many punches and the kicks were ineffective. Diaz won 4 out of the 5 rounds IMO. Stockton Mothafucka!!!

One of the best threads on Sherdog atm. Thats saying something. FFS.

No doubt was using Sun Tzu tactics, getting the enemy to think one thing, then doing the opposite

No doubt. Wouldn't be surprised of Greg Jackson himself sold him on the idea.

"Tell 'em it's gonna be a war, Carlos. Go get you some fans."

Can't go on what was promised. Every fighter promises that their fight will end in ko or sub

You can't guarantee you'll get a knockout or sub, but you can guarantee you're not going to be backpedalling for most of the fight.

Kicks with "bad intentions" my ass. People need to see Diaz vs. Cyborg. Now those were some hard-ass leg kicks.

Loved that fight! Condit wrote the book on how to just stay out of reach with skill. U could look at it as running but fuck if you see MMA confrontation as something u might face out in the world for real, the way Condit handled that was the way NOT to wake up with EMT's asking if u know what day it is. Love those sneaky can't hit me guys...Other than when Clay Guida literally ran from Gray Maynard the whole fight. I'd rather see someone win with less damage against an aggressive opponent than "win" standing in the pocket getting tee'd off on!

ritter.gif

Condit won. Get over it.

Loved that fight! Condit wrote the book on how to just stay out of reach with skill. U could look at it as running but fuck if you see MMA confrontation as something u might face out in the world for real, the way Condit handled that was the way NOT to wake up with EMT's asking if u know what day it is. Love those sneaky can't hit me guys...Other than when Clay Guida literally ran from Gray Maynard the whole fight. I'd rather see someone win with less damage against an aggressive opponent than "win" standing in the pocket getting tee'd off on!
Your opinion of a great fight does not satisfy the just bleed god

Back