A random thought...

Jason Rozborowskyj

If only intelligence prevailed.
@White
Reaction score
So this is my first official post on sherdog and as such I'm expecting nothing, however, that being said I have wanted to get an opinion on this besides my own.

What opinion? Well for the last few months now we've seen a number of guys and ladies within the sport of mma take on an increasingly bold and aggressive attitude as a way of marketing themselves. My opinion is that a lot of them have stumbled upon this concept like it was some hidden key to success that never occurred to them and now, suddenly, they are putting on this air of "I don't care what anyone thinks, pay me!" Some of them have always been that way like Donald Cerrone, the Diaz brothers, and a few others, and some seem like they are trying too hard.

I guess what it all comes down to as a matter of opinion is simply, who do you think is genuine in their attitude and who is not? And I guess who would you say is the original in this sense or is there a grouping of individuals you'd identify as being the start?

Personally I think it all goes back to guys like Dan Severn, Don Frye, Bas Rutten, Gerard Gordeau, Tank Abbott, dare I say Tito Ortiz, The Diaz Brothers for sure. They all seem to legitimately not care what anyone thought. There are obviously others as well, that was off the top of my head.

As for the pretenders, I think Rousey, Kennedy, Conor, Jones, Sonnen to name a few, I think it's an act an they do care way too much. Again there are many more. Just naming a few off the top.

And of course then there is Brock Lesnar, who is entirely in a category of his own...don't know what that guy is thinking besides "did I cycle off early enough to not get caught?"

OK hit me with the opinions and critique.

The God.

mma_titoortiz_576.jpg

first post, already a PED accusation in the OP

you'll fit right in

Dude, you can't make your first post a thread, AND make it a damn mini novel. Aint nobody reading that shit. Git, boy. I said GIT!

first post, already a PED accusation in the OP

you'll fit right in
More of a jokingly stated observation, but yes. I just think the guy is a bit of a douche. I live in Canada, my wife is from Saskatchewan, I've heard local stories. That's all I can go on...opinions right? Why have those lol.

Things changed dramatically when Sonnen was heading into his first fight with Silva. Sonnen started really hamming it up, and it got people to turn off Jerry Springer and Maury Povich, and turn on MMA. Since then, fighters, writers, and Zuffa have been trying to cater to those fans, culminating in the shit mists that were the Rousey and Conor campaigns.

As for who is legit, the Diaz brothers have not changed over the years.

Isn't it amazing how a thought from somebodies mind, manifests itself into physical reality through virtual reality? Through the neural pathways, through your electrical impulses to your fingers, hitting the keys on the keyboard, hitting that enter button, then information is sent into cyber space, instantaneously goes all the way around the world. The World Wide Web, onto our computer screens, pixelated into a readable format, for all us to see and absorb back into the seat of our own minds.... Wouldn't telepathy just be much easier :p

a bunch of fighters are trying harder/forcing BECAUSE of conor though.

Isn't it amazing how a thought from somebodies mind, manifests itself into physical reality through virtual reality? Through the neural pathways, through your electrical impulses to your fingers, hitting the keys on the keyboard, hitting that enter button, then information is sent into cyber space, instantaneously goes all the way around the world. The World Wide Web, onto our computer screens, pixelated into a readable format, for all us to see and absorb back into the seat of our own minds.... Wouldn't telepathy just be much easier :p
I couldn't agree more, but then where would it end, if I could send my own thoughts concerning an internet community based opinion to the world what would stop others from online from sending out much more disturbing thoughts or worse....

Nah, my unfiltered thoughts would make everyone else very uncomfortable.

I couldn't agree more, but then where would it end, if I could send my own thoughts concerning an internet community based opinion to the world what would stop others from online from sending out much more disturbing thoughts or worse....

You can choose which kind of thoughts you allow in. We are already doing it all the time. That's why sometimes people can hear voices in the head. The trick is to only allow positive thoughts.

Kennedy has always been like this because he's been through enough shit to not care what others think of him.

Sonnen milked it. He's very talented at it. I'd say of what you're talking about Sonnen is the starter, while Conor took what Sonnen started and added KO's and street talk to it. That's why he crosses over better, has bigger numbers. The average guy can relate to his way of speaking more and people love a flashy style with KO's.

Those vets sure did their part, but it wasn't like people were coming out of the woodwork faking it like they do now. Tank, then Tito, then....took a while.

Back