Ferguson Vs Landon Vannata

originalbadguy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of this fight!

Not because I don't like Landon I do cant wait to see how he does in the UFC solid fighter. But why take a undefeated prospect and throw him to the wolves on a short notice fight!

So many better options for both guys!
Ferguson
For example if no other UFC roster fighter will take on Tony how about
Mike Santiago or Christos Giagos both looked like killers in there last fights, both much more experience! This would be a good opportunity to give a couple of guys who are tough as hell fighters a shot, in Giagos and 2nd shot!

Landon
how about
Murad Muchaev definitely a over due shot at the UFC!
Mateusz Gamrot
Oleg Bagov one of russias top 155 guys
Khusein Khaliev IMO the top prospect out there
Jason Novelli solid well rounded climbing the ranks
Marc Diakese from Bamma top England prospect
Felipe Silva undefeated Brazilian with a recent win over a former UFC guy!

The UFC probably cant get him but would also love to see Landon Vs Lowen Tynanes
so many top prospect that would make for a much more interesting matchup anyone of them I would be very excited to see

Every name you just said, besides Tony, I'd have to Google.

High risk high reward. If he wins, he just beat a popular, top fighter and now people know his name. For example, I don't know who he is but if he beats Ferguson, I will.

Landon aka. Glover Teixeira by tickling the belly

High risk, not so high reward, he might have negotiated decent money, but not the paygrade for fighting a top 5 in the division on short notice, he will get known if he wins, but he will still have to climb the ladder, but the chances are he gets beat, undefeated record gone and go to fight pass prelims.

Sure Landon sees it as a foot-in-the-door type of thing, perhaps it wouldve taken him a few more fights to get signed by UFC, now he is doing them a favour, they expect him to lose so they won't hold it against him, and he's guaranteed probably 2 more fights in the UFC after this, plus he may actually win, stranger things have happened

He has nothing to lose

High risk, not so high reward, he might have negotiated decent money, but not the paygrade for fighting a top 5 in the division on short notice, he will get known if he wins, but he will still have to climb the ladder, but the chances are he gets beat, undefeated record gone and go to fight pass prelims.
If he beats Ferg, he forgoes the fightnight stage and gets straight into the PPV prelim leagues fighting guys we might have heard of. It speeds up his career and pay substantially. I don't blame him for taking the fight. Most likely he will get folded like a lawn chair though because ferg is a beast.

Meh. I don't really care tbh.

A fight is a fight, and I've heard about Vannata beasting @ Jackson-Wink.

A win over a contender will help him with his contact renewal

Hes got nothing to lose. Literally no1 expects him to win, undefeated winning streak of 8:0 outside UFC/Bellator or being 8:1 with only loss to a Top UFC fighter doesnt make any difference. However, if he manages to win somehow, it would immediately catapult him to to heights of the division.

This is the same situation that happened with Khabib. Brought in a new talent to take the short notice fight.

Tony and Khabib need to fight. Neither one of them should be moving on to a title fight after these fights.

As the undisputed GOAT poster, I think this is a silly fight. It's a lose, lose for Tony and the fans! That's a very interesting division and this fight does nothing for Tony moving forward except slow down his tittle aspirations and make him more deceptive to throwing out his back due to horrible deadlift form!

#GUERNICA-#1

Every name you just said, besides Tony, I'd have to Google.

Considering we're on an mma forum I don't understand why some people are so proudly ignorant.

Google them. You might find something you like.

Its Khabib vs Horcher all over again.

Guess I am falling behind on MMA because I also did not know any of the names you posted lol except Tony

Back