What will the UFC have lined up for Nick Diaz' return

Challis

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about this and can't come to a conclusion as surely they want to generate a lot of steam off him as he was already a big draw and with his brother Nate's victory on Connor they'll surely boosted his "sell factor". We all Nick only wants big fights but with the W's not going his way surely they can't just keep sticking him to the front of the pack everytime.

My original theory was that they would look to book Lawler/Diaz 2 as this has legs. Nick won the first fight both pretty stand and bang and this would also get the fans excited. Plus i also think it is a much easier fight to win than say a Rory or a Wonderboy fight. However this has now been quashed as Lawler/Woodley has now been booked.

Then i thought they'd set up the Bisping fight up as that would have created some great back and forth plus a good sell. However with Bisping now the MW champion i can't Diaz been thrown infront of Souza, Wiedman, Rockhold and a very strong MW division. Saying that its the UFC so anything could happen but i think this would be highly unlikely .

Carlos Condit rematch - This would be a great fight as the first fights causes much debate and both are fan favorites. However i just seen that Corlos and Maia will now throw down at 202

The only other possible people i can think of is....

Matt Brown - would be a good fight for the fans but i think Matt has lost alot of steam of late and wouldn't be a big draw.

Johnny Hendricks - He has a fight booked at 200 so we'd have to see the out come of that, plus i think Hendricks would just wrestlefuck Diaz. However there is a little history between them with the whole "your fat johnny " at the weigh ins.

Dan Henderson - This is an outsider but i think would have some serious legs as both big household names. Diaz tried his luck at MW against well the best ever imo and didn't do too badly at all. Both have rock solid chins and Diaz pretty much made his name retiring legends .

i'd love to hear your thoughts because i really am at a loose end with it all...

Really I just have the feeling he won't be fighting again. Not sure why.

If anyone though, I'd guess GSP.

It'll be Nick vs Robbie after Robbie loses his title to Wonderboy.

Dana might not pay him what he wants or give him the big names that he wants. Possible he doesn't fight in the UFC again.

Not that Nick doesn't get paid well but now that his brother cracked a million he will not do a fight for anything less than what gets him at least what his brother got.
GSP
Lawler

Or sit out and smoke everyday

I was hoping for Condit rematch, but now he has been booked against Maia.

Conor. I mean, how cool would it be to see him get his ass kicked by both Diaz brothers.

Probably a title fight or a super fight which he will lose and get popped AGAIN for marijuana use.

Maia will frustrate the fuck out of Condit, onward to a unanimous decision...

...and then he'll fight Nick in an EPIC chess-match...............................

Perfect matchmaking.

Haters can kick rocks.

He will be back at 185.
Vs a top 10 and probably lose.

might get caught for weed again, and his career will be over

Conor. I mean, how cool would it be to see him get his ass kicked by both Diaz brothers.
Conor doesn't want any part of Nick. I know it. You know it. He knows it. Even my granny knows it. Bad match up for Conor.

Some top 15 guy so he can finally win a fight since BJ.

Hopefully a wrestler that'll send him back into retirement.

chael-sonnen.jpg

Let's see, who should fight Nick Diaz.

WW
Georges St-Pierre
Matt Brown
Gunnar Nelson
Ryan LaFlare
Sean Strickland
Bryan Barberena
Emil Weber Meek

MW
Yoel Romero
Derek Brunson
Dan Henderson
Rashad Evans
Tim Kennedy
Krzysztof Jotko

If Lawler loses, that’ll be the fight they make. It’s almost a guarantee. There’s no way they give him a title shot, it’s absurd to even think about that scenario.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back