"International" Fight Week

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So International Fight Week is next week and there's 3 big events on....all in Las Vegas, I know this is all just to make money but there's 5 title fights happening next week, if you're gonna call it International Fight Week can we at least get 1 in Europe, we have 3 European champions, and if lucky European events get a main event with 1 fighter in the Top 5 of their division and then the card is filled out with local fighters brought in to fill out the card.

This thread isn't really about International Fight Week, more about how the sport would be so much bigger in Europe if the UFC actually put some effort in to marketing it here. They actually done a good job here in Ireland, but even that was mostly Conor to be honest. But they have a British champion now and I haven't heard shit about Bisping in the British media. The sport is basically non existent in the media there, I have no idea what it's like in Poland but I imagine it's similar.

Vegas is where it's at.

You goof.

Well Vegas is the fight capital of the world. I think you're taking the word international a little too literally in this instance.

IFW will likely always be in the fight capital of the world homie!

las-vegas-animated-gif-19.gif

Nice try Liam

Fight fans want go to Vegas, not Lucky Charm land.

026365_200_TicketEmail.0.0.jpg

Their attitude is what has been holding the UFC back for a decade. It's why many hoped a Chinese company would take over so that there'd be a bit of effort made to grow the sport in a few more places other than just the promotion owner's home country.

It seems like their marketing is not a top priority lately. As it has been mentioned, very little advertising for 200... Perhaps they feel that the TV programming is enough to keep people interested in the UFC,

As for their matchmaking and fight card organization, the UFC matchmaking sucks and their decisions are all based on money.

European Fighter headlining the friday night.

The whole point of fight week is its all in one place, where everyone goes for the week (hence the week terminology). If they held it in europe they would need to hold the whole thing in europe, just as if they held it in brazil, they would need to hold the whole thing in brazil. cant have bits here and there. defeat the object.

maybe the world cup should be held in 6 different countries each time?

or the olympic, have some events in Brazil, some in America, some in Germany?

Youre really missing the whole concept

So International Fight Week is next week and there's 3 big events on....all in Las Vegas, I know this is all just to make money but there's 5 title fights happening next week, if you're gonna call it International Fight Week can we at least get 1 in Europe, we have 3 European champions, and if lucky European events get a main event with 1 fighter in the Top 5 of their division and then the card is filled out with local fighters brought in to fill out the card.

This thread isn't really about International Fight Week, more about how the sport would be so much bigger in Europe if the UFC actually put some effort in to marketing it here. They actually done a good job here in Ireland, but even that was mostly Conor to be honest. But they have a British champion now and I haven't heard shit about Bisping in the British media. The sport is basically non existent in the media there, I have no idea what it's like in Poland but I imagine it's similar.

Your avitar is awesome, one of the best albums of the aughts ...

But International Fight Week is really about getting fans from around the world to watch fights in Vegas.

Countries represented: USA, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, China, Japan, Poland, Holland, Ireland, France, Korea, and wherever Sage is from (Mars?).
Sounds pretty international to me ...

Arlovski vs Barnett in Germany in september, be happy TS.

European Fighter headlining the friday night.

The whole point of fight week is its all in one place, where everyone goes for the week (hence the week terminology). If they held it in europe they would need to hold the whole thing in europe, just as if they held it in brazil, they would need to hold the whole thing in brazil. cant have bits here and there. defeat the object.

maybe the world cup should be held in 6 different countries each time?

or the olympic, have some events in Brazil, some in America, some in Germany?

Youre really missing the whole concept
2020 Football European Championship will be held all over Europe.

2020 Football European Championship will be held all over Europe.

thats a one off though to celebrate the 60th anniversary of euro competition

maybe for the 60th fight week they will hold multiple events

Back