Damien Maia - no title fight again

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems they are trying everything not to give Maia the opportunity to fight for the title. Condit is a good fight indeed, but I would prefer more to see Maia for the title.

I hope this won't happen with Jacare as well.

in no way shape or form should maia get a TS over Wonderboy. Wonderboy just beat 2 elite WW's.

Zuffa never wants Murilo Bustamante to hold a title again.

demian_maia_crop_north.jpg
image_crop.php
akagi-anime.jpg

Last edited:
He hasn't beaten anyone in the top 5, yeah he's on a win streak, but Wonderboy has beaten the then ranked number 1 and 2 guys.

It always depends on what alternatives are available. It's unfortunate for Maia that there's so many other people who could get a title shot at the moment...

Maia deserves a shot, but IMO not as much as Wonderboy. Then there were/are looming big money title fight possibilities like McGregor or GSP or Diaz. And Condit arguably beat Lawler and deserves a rematch.

Meanwhile, the UFC is doing weird title fights like Lawler/Woodley.

WB is #1 contender clearly. But no they don't want the Brazilian backpack winning the title. He's incredible but he hardly fits the mold the UFC is going for, especially if they're really trying to sell.

I love Maia as much as the no-homo clause allows, but he's not ahead of Wonderboy in the contention line, it's pretty simple.

Getting a title shot usually requires a lot of hype. I'm a huge Maia fan but I have to admit that he doesn't have an unusual amount of hype.

I don't think the UFC want Maia has a champ.

But Wonderboy need to get it before Maia tbh.

Condit is a big fight, if he wins that then I am sure next is a title shot.

Wonderboy is more deserving atm.

But I suppose Maia will get his shot after that if he beats Condit.

I do think the WW title picture is a bit fucked up though. Condit got a shot when there were more deserving contenders. And now Woodley does too.

It seems they are trying everything not to give Maia the opportunity to fight for the title. Condit is a good fight indeed, but I would prefer more to see Maia for the title.

I hope this won't happen with Jacare as well.

There is no logical reason to give him a titleshot over Wonderboy. Unlike Maia, Wonderboy won his matches that would earn him a titleshot.

Had his chance vs Shields and lost
Had his chance vs Rory and lost.

I'm actually surprised that ppl are surprised he isn't getting a shot. He doesn't deserve it.

Nelson and Brown vs Hendricks and MacDonald... I wonder who wins the competition aspect

It is discrimination. Crybaby Condit was going to retire. Now Condit will run away for 15 minutes and get a gift decision.

I really like Maia and enjoy his fights, but he still needs that "big" win to secure a title shot beyond all doubt. If he gets past Condit, then things will be different...

Back