Do you think fighter pay improves if the UFC is sold?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sorry if there is a specific thread regarding the selling.

It's gonna be worse. Top fighters are gonna make even more and the other fighters less.

Sincerely yours,
Zuffa shill

It's gonna improve either way. It's been improving for the past decade, and I see no reason to believe that that trend will stop. It'll improve more once the Ali act covers MMA.

depends on the reebok deal imo fighters need those sponsor money

I'm sure it will continue to improve, just because that's been the trend, but I doubt the new owners will increase it just because they can.

The Ali act is the only thing that will help.

Probably, I mean they are getting crumbs now compared to the profit UFC generates.

The first thing investment groups do when they buy large companies is give everyone raises......

No. They will lower pay to recoup the 4 bil they just blew on the UFC.

the ali act would make pay worse.

Fighter pay will increase with revenue, same as it always has.

Once you get rid of this Reebok bullshit ass deal, allow fighters to wear whatever they want and have sponsors and get rid of sponsorship taxes.

It would only increase the “known” guys’ pay. The low-mid tier guys would get paid less than now. Fighters fighting their first UFC fight are making a minimum of $12,500 for losing. That’s quite good for someone entirely unknown. That would likely be cut by a lot if the AA was applied to MMA.

It's gonna be worse. Top fighters are gonna make even more and the other fighters less.

Sincerely yours,
Zuffa shill
I agree. I think the new owners want to maximise returns as quickly as possible for the big bucks they are investing in. Specially if it's a big investment firm that doesn't necessarily have experience managing sports teams or fight promotions. I think they will need Dana even more for this specific reason.

There is a good chance a lot of the 500+ fighters making $36k (average of 2 fights a year at $12k plus 50% winning) a year plus injury insurance will be dropped & they will do what Bellator does & give the pre-prelim slots to locals for $2k.
For all their faults Zuffa has given hundreds of fighters much needed injury insurance a $36k ave per year, when they could have easily done a Bellator

if you splinter the organizations you'll have many more fighters fighting in small regional shows in front of noone instead of fighting on a big stage in front of hundreds of thousands / millions.

if you splinter the organizations you'll have many more fighters fighting in small regional shows in front of noone instead of fighting on a big stage in front of hundreds of thousands / millions.

So many that are championing for The Ali Act, have actually no idea what it means.

Back