Does McGregor believe what he says or is it all hype?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Sonnen it was easy to see he was just hyping the fights. You could tell he rehearsed some of the things he said.

With Conor I can’t tell if he believes what he says or if all he thinks about is the $$$$$.

well I don't think Conor could possibly believe some of the things he said and still function as a person

It's hype..he was a broken and scared man in the post fight press conference. He was scared to do the press for 200 ffs

Last edited:
Probably a mix. I think it's clear even to himself that he is exaggerating for the sake of hype, which leads to interest which leads to money.

No, he no longer believes what he said in the past...that's why he say's so little now. He's still young, but his bubble has now been burst 3 times; most recently on the biggest stage (UFC), which was most devastating.

He's trying to salvage what he can, but psychologically he will never believe his own hype the way he did prior to Diaz.

Last edited:
here we go. let the connor haters all congregate and wail about conor..... hahah

Hang on there for a second and Ill go and ask him...

No hes not delusional. He means it when he says floyd needs him more than he needs floyd. Thinks equal pay is deserved and hes the best fighter on earth. Hes proved it hes bigger than the ufc and doesnt need to do pressers, there wont be reprocousins.

Its now time for a mexit folks. Jump on the bandwagon b4 its full

here we go. let the connor haters all congregate and wail about conor..... hahah

It's funny that they don't realize they are his biggest fans. They are the ones scouring his twitter for quotes they can post, they watch every second of the prehype shows, they watch every interview and shell out $60 instead of going to a bar so they can hear what his corner is saying to make fun of it.

I think with most fighters it doesn't matter if you're nice or not. You're still fighting the other guy/girl, might as well drum up more interest for those PPV points. Conor made a shitload in 2015 by drumming louder than most.

According to Dana and that one guy on 4chan he's far more "hardcore" in real life than he is behind cameras.

neAHzHJ.jpg

At this point, McGregor looks like someone who just realized he bit more than he could chew

He believes it. Look at his old stuff always way confident. Something to be said for it. He is FW champ and highest paid fighter in FW division no less. Self belief is a powerful tool and I admire it. Don't like he shits on people though in process though. In general dirt bag.

I dont understand what was so controversial about anything Conor said

Conor was 100% spot on with everything he said

Conor objectively was beating Nate's ass for the first 8 mins

Conor gassed because he ate up to 168 and was carrying too much weight. Conor's optimal weight is 160

Conor's interview came down to this:

"You want to know why I lost? Ok, I lost because of _____ *gives detailed explainations* and here are all the adjustments im going to make. Im going to toy Nate"

Again, Conor IS ASKED what happened, and Conor tells you EXACTLY what happened.

Do you just want a canned PR statement?

Do you want Conor to lie to himself and everyone else "well, Nate is better then me and I can never hope to beat him"

Its like "haters" will only be "satisifed" if Conor says "I suck"

Conor's attitude is why hes where he is

Youre crying about "excuses" - theres a reason why you will stay behind your keyboard dreaming about the life Conor has

Haters are trying to make it seem like Conor went on some crazy Hitler rant or something. Its embaressing the lengths they go to to hate

They dont care about MMA or the truth or the fight. They just want Conor to be shitted on to make themselfes feel better about their miserable lives.

But like someone else said, Conor's haters are actually HIS BIGGEST FANS. As long as you keep talking about Conor and buying his fights Conor is winning

Not only his Conor balls deep in his opponent's minds, Conor is balls deep in the mind of shertards

Conor will never lose again. Enjoy it: )

Conor has more excuses for that loss than words War and Peace containes.

Do you want Conor to lie to himself and everyone else "well, Nate is better then me and I can never hope to beat him"

"Nate was the better man that night. I will train hard, improve on my weaknesses and work towards a different outcome next time we meet."

That wasn't so hard was it?

"Nate was the better man that night. I will train hard, improve on my weaknesses and work towards a different outcome next time we meet."

That wasn't so hard was it?
Hey, I rather take an honest response than a cookie cutter one.

Back