Who had the most impressive title road?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Johny Hendricks had to beat Kampmann, Koscheck, Fitch and Condit before getting a shot at the title.

Who has the goat contender run in the UFC?

JDS- Carwin, Werdum, Nelson, Cro Cop, Gonzaga, etc. @cigano

That Carwin win was hella impressive. I always thought Junior was the more impressive contender when him and Cain were tearing shit up.

That wasn't a popular opinion at the time lol

GSP

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Sean Sherk
Frank Trigg
Jason Miller

Deserves a mention

Loss to Mir, decision win over Heath Herring then title shot.

Lesnar was very impressive.

That Carwin win was hella impressive. I always thought Junior was the more impressive contender when him and Cain were tearing shit up.

That wasn't a popular opinion at the time lol

When they both were on a tear I was thrilled at a potential fight between them. When they finally met I thought we were going to have a war, first UFC fight ever on fox, so much hype, and boom down goes Cain in 1 minute :D

Condit before fighting GSP

Jake Ellenberger - Split decision
Rory MacDonald - TKO
Dan Hardy - KO
DHK - KO
Nick Diaz - Decision

Is this a joke?????

jon-jones-hey-pussy-are-you-still-there-300x224.png

I actually think Jon Jones had an impressive road to the title, people talk about him being gifted it but:
Andre Gusmao... OK so I don't really know who the hell that was
Jake O'Brien was supposed to be a big time prospect, Jon killed his hopes
Stephan Bonnar who was on a two fight win streak at the time
Matt Hamill who Jones actually beat but there's this guy called Steve Mazzagatti
Brandon Vera when he was still very legit
Vladimir Matyushenko who always brought it and was on a three fight winning streak and then beat his next two UFC opponents after Jones
Ryan Bader who was undefeated at the time 12-0 (5-0 in the octagon) and is still a legit LHW
Then he had to beat Shogun to get the title.
I think that is an impressive and long list of fighters to get through on your way to now being a champion who really hasn't lost.

Max Holloway is on a great run, but still no title shot hahaha.
poor guy

Lamas
Stephens
Oliveira
Swanson
Miller
Corassani
Collard
Fili
Chope

To go undefeated through 7 fights in the UFC HW division is no joke. The guys you left off the list in Struve and Yvel are bad bad men in their own right. It's probably the most impressive.

junior-dos-santos-o.gif

JDS' was a savage in his prime

When he was scheduled to face Lesnar, I was like "I like you Lesnar but you might have to go back to WWE instead of facing this dude"

When he was scheduled to face Lesnar, I was like "I like you Lesnar but you might have to go back to WWE instead of facing this dude"

Yeah I was like DONT DO IT BROCK BAH GAWD YOU HAVE A FAMILY!

On Topic Machida had a dope road to the title

Cowboy beat Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Myles Jury, Eddie Alvarez and Benson Henderson on his last run to a title shot

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back