Landon Vannata is the future and will shock Sherdog

BigDaddyBach

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been saying it for a while; Landon Vannata is the future of this game. Rumor has it that he blows thru the elite at Jacksons. Not only does he have the quick finishing KO ability of McGregor, not only does he have the movement down, not only does he have incredibly high level/super cerebral grappling, not only has he destroyed Olympic wrestlers in minutes but he has a super strong mindset and faces fighters more elite than Ferguson on a daily basis. If he does not beat Ferguson, he will undoubtedly challenge for the title at 45 or 55 in the next few years. This is not like Darrell Horcher, this is at least a near even money fight and pits two future minded prospects against each other. Jon Jones of fw/lw has arrived, folks.

I know nothing about him other than he is undefeated, trains at Jackson/Wink and is from Tom's River, NJ.

All I need to know about whether the dude is legit or not. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that tough SOBs come out of Tom's River, NJ

Last edited:
I have never seen you mention Landon Vannata before.

This guy is fighting Tony Ferguson on July 13th

We will see if he is legit or not then

Maybe I am a casual after all

I never heard of him nor did I know he was fighting Tony.

ferguson is a different beast than his previous opponents, but vannata looks good, be interesting to see this.

I have never seen you mention Landon Vannata before.
From youtube comment 2 months ago in second posted video:
JS Bach2 months ago
+Landon Vannata you're the future.....you got it. Very rare to see but you have it, kid.

I've been following the kid for a few years, he's got it in spades. Just check out his evolution. Not saying he will beat Ferguson but I won't be shocked if he KO's him inside 2 minutes. If one were to create a fighter of the future, from mindset, to movement, to striking, to grappling, this is the kid. I'd rather see him at 45 than 55 but it is awesome nonetheless.

The guy looks like a really promising prospect but unlike Jon Jones he is stepping directly into the fire against El Cucuy and that means he will suffer a minor set back before having an opportunity to rise up. Ferguson will likely knock him out... he keeps his hands low and ate some shots in the fight you posted. He won't just walk through those against Tony.

how's his grappling
Phenomenal and wrestling is his base. He just beasted a US Olympic wrestler in two minutes in Blackmon. Most importantly, he has death in his hands, something you can't teach and something Ferg doesn't have. He touches men and they go sleepy. Check the vid:

Not only do I hate it when people over use "not only", but I also not only hate run on sentences.

how's his grappling

"incredibly high level/super cerebral grappling"

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Not only do I hate it when people over use "not only", but I also not only hate run on sentences.
Sorry.

I don't get why people like you even bother posting. I'm not on here trying to shame people, humiliate people or nit pick. Seriously WTF is that about, bro? Did I previously post something that offended you? Why be a f'n dick?

Thanks for the alert. I'll tune in then. Didn't know who he was. Assumed he was random guy taking short notice fight to gain UFC debut.

Sorry.

I don't get why people like you even bother posting. I'm not on here trying to shame people, humiliate people or nit pick. Seriously WTF is that about, bro? Did I previously post something that offended you? Why be a f'n dick?
Not only was I just pointing out the odd sounding grammer, I was not only just fucking around.

Never heard of him but will see how he goes against Fergy.

But for me the future of the sport isn't going to be in some dinky division like 145.

I hope is hes capable of "landon bombs" on tonys face.

That is all

Back