Great fighters who just couldnt get to the top due to injury or something else

TheRuthlessOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That Mike Swick thread got me thinking. This guy was 9-1 at one point in the UFC and had a title shot elimination fight with Dan hardy which he lost. Hasn't been the same fighter since his stomach issues

This guy was close to the entire package..Had speed, power, chin, ground game

So sherdog any other fighters that you were convinced they would end up top tier but they never did

This thread is mainly for people who never even got a title shot. So guys like Kenny Florian dont apply

TJ Grant definitely had a shot at being champ.

Paulo Filho... He was the WEC champ, but it would have been something to see what he could've done in the UFC. He was an unbelievable fighter.

Guillard, never learned the Mixed part

As someone said earlier Grant was on a serious run before leaving the sport.

Lil Nog. I don't remember him ever being in title contention in Pride or the UFC.

Palhares definitely would have been in title talks at WW if he understood the word stop.

Joe Daddy Stevenson
He got his shot and instead of winning did his best Carrie impersonation.

Rumble can be added because of the injury/damn police curse.

Brendan Schaub.I think you'd be surprised how far he would have gone,had rogan not broken his heart!

Brendan Schaub.I think you'd be surprised how far he would have gone,had rogan not broken his heart!
Rogan saved his friend from being beaten retarded. It sounds like he was half way there. Joe did the right thing.

Cole Conrad. If Brock could be HW champ, so could Cole. But he quit fighting to be a lawyer, which is a lot more sensible, to be honest.

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Dennis Kang. He had a pretty long unbeaten streak, including a bunch of wins in Pride. I don't know what happened, but things just went down hill after Akiyama found his chin.

Dennis Kang. He had a pretty long unbeaten streak, including a bunch of wins in Pride. I don't know what happened, but things just went down hill after Akiyama found his chin.
Well iirc his girlfriend died, his slide started after that.

Rafael Assuncao was supposed to get a title shot against Barao, but got injured and passed up by TJ, who he previously defeated. The guys on a 7 fight win streak all in the the UFC

Back