Jones entering Fedor territory with 8 year winning streak

Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Everyone loves to talk about Fedor's decade long streak of dominance when he fought a variety of Legends and cans. Jones has now been in 23 mma bouts and undefeated ( Hammil dq) and since 2011 has fought best in world and been mostly dominate. If he wins against Cormier and I do believe it's a big if, I think he has to be recognized as rivaling Fedors streak and probably past Anderson's

Reason being he would have beaten Cormier twice who has not lost to anyone and been an incredible force

6 and a half year unbeaten streak put hespeck on Hamill's name.

Too bad he lost via TKO (telephone pole) and that hit and run style decision that the judges gave to that pregnant woman.

I'm not a fan of his, but yeah he's right there already.

Too bad he lost via TKO (telephone pole) and that hit and run style decision that the judges gave to that pregnant woman.

Why you guys so emotional? Yes I get it nobody likes jones. I don't like him either, but his steak has been legendary imo

Fedor fights at HW, Jones towers over LHWs. Different.

Same concept though and Jones has fought top contenders in a stacked division. Fedor mixed him Hong man choi and many other below grade matches

Fedor got K.O'd ass up face down by a LHW. Hendo weighted in at 206

He also got the snot beat out of him by a not even top 10 former LHW just recently.

LHW's are just as dangerous as HW's...probably more skilled because they rely less on strength

Last edited:
... and yet hes still scared to take even a single fight at HW.
Scared? Says who? He's a lhw champ that was pretty skinny early on. Not easy to take a hw fight when you have contenders lined up like machida, gus, glover, Cormier..etc..

Didn't Jon already say after he beats DC again, Rumble, and Gus again he's moving to HW?

Still hasn't enter Aldo territory yet though.

Like him or not (I don't), he has had a hell of a run.

Scared? Says who? He's a lhw champ that was pretty skinny early on. Not easy to take a hw fight when you have contenders lined up like machida, gus, glover, Cormier..etc..

Its not easy to take a fight at HW when your a 6'5 220-230 lb man?

zero eye pokes, versus zero fights without an eye poke.

gtfo

I dont. Rumble melted against koscheck and Cormier. Jones would break him down after 3 mins.
Koschecks yeah I don't know what happened in that one.

DC survived a nuclear warhead shot that would comatose a normal person and KO'ed 97% of pro fighters. I've always thought Jones kryptonite is a taller fighter with solid boxing and power. Gus lacks the latter imo and I still think he beat Jones.

Jones will never match Fedor. Fedor destroyed a who's who of heavyweight killers during the golden age of Pride. Jones would have been smashed by that line up. Jones will likely be knocked out at lhw before he ever gets to heavyweight.

Back