The Inside Story of Failed Attempt to Buy UFC

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC co-creator put together ‘tremendous’ $2.8 billion offer to buy back promotion

"I don't think any of the reports are correct, by the way," Campbell McLaren told Sub Radio. "And I looked into potentially buying the UFC too with some very famous investment groups based in the US."

"This was this year - and I think you guys are getting the scoop on this," he continued. "I haven't talked about this in the media, and investment bankers and private equity firms are notoriously press-shy, so I'm gonna avoid naming names - but we had what we thought was a tremendous offer, and it was 2.8 billion. And that was sort of based on the investment bank arithmetic.

"The UFC did 200 million dollars in earnings before tax and depreciation, so last year they had a great year. They had Conor, they had Ronda. Great year. And they did 200 million dollars roughly in profit, so that's tremendous. And typically, bankers, private equity firms might look at an earnings like that, and the range would be 12 to 14-times that [which] would give you the value of the company - so 2.8 (billion) was on the higher side.

"But I think Lorenzo [Fertitta] is very forward-thinking and he says, look, I'm building this tremendous platform around the world and the UFC is a great in Australia, right? Great success in the US. We're pretty good in Mexico. Great in Canada. Real traction in the UK. But yet, they have built out a platform in Asia and Europe and the Middle East that hasn't really come online yet.

"So I think Lorenzo looks at this and goes, we haven't even seen the real value of the UFC, so I want a lot of freakin' money. I don't want some banker's idea of what it's worth. I'm a visionary, I know this is worth a lot of money. So I do think he has a super-high value on it, but when you get to that point, there's only a few people that really can enter into that sort of purchase.

"Investors are typically very disciplined. Sometimes very well-to-do individuals get caught up in the glamor of something and will overbid, and that's kind of where I think they are. I don't think the UFC has been sold. I don't think it's gonna be on UFC 200. Now they may have sold off a portion at a very high evaluation, but they can come back to it later on and say, 'this is our evaluation'."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/2...mclaren-2-8-billion-offer-investment-mma-news

UFC co-creator put together ‘tremendous’ $2.8 billion offer to buy back promotion

"I don't think any of the reports are correct, by the way," Campbell McLaren told Sub Radio. "And I looked into potentially buying the UFC too with some very famous investment groups based in the US."

"This was this year - and I think you guys are getting the scoop on this," he continued. "I haven't talked about this in the media, and investment bankers and private equity firms are notoriously press-shy, so I'm gonna avoid naming names - but we had what we thought was a tremendous offer, and it was 2.8 billion. And that was sort of based on the investment bank arithmetic.

"The UFC did 200 million dollars in earnings before tax and depreciation, so last year they had a great year. They had Conor, they had Ronda. Great year. And they did 200 million dollars roughly in profit, so that's tremendous. And typically, bankers, private equity firms might look at an earnings like that, and the range would be 12 to 14-times that [which] would give you the value of the company - so 2.8 (billion) was on the higher side.

"But I think Lorenzo [Fertitta] is very forward-thinking and he says, look, I'm building this tremendous platform around the world and the UFC is a great in Australia, right? Great success in the US. We're pretty good in Mexico. Great in Canada. Real traction in the UK. But yet, they have built out a platform in Asia and Europe and the Middle East that hasn't really come online yet.

"So I think Lorenzo looks at this and goes, we haven't even seen the real value of the UFC, so I want a lot of freakin' money. I don't want some banker's idea of what it's worth. I'm a visionary, I know this is worth a lot of money. So I do think he has a super-high value on it, but when you get to that point, there's only a few people that really can enter into that sort of purchase.

"Investors are typically very disciplined. Sometimes very well-to-do individuals get caught up in the glamor of something and will overbid, and that's kind of where I think they are. I don't think the UFC has been sold. I don't think it's gonna be on UFC 200. Now they may have sold off a portion at a very high evaluation, but they can come back to it later on and say, 'this is our evaluation'."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/2...mclaren-2-8-billion-offer-investment-mma-news
I fucks with that av bro. Good movie

Shot if black

Where you at, Jeremy Botter?
Genuine question, has that guy gotten anything right? I know the story of the ufc being sold isn't completely debunked yet but all I remember is the stuff he's been wrong about.

Genuine question, has that guy gotten anything right? I know the story of the ufc being sold isn't completely debunked yet but all I remember is the stuff he's been wrong about.

He accused BJ of rape, said there were lots of evidence, then backtracked and said he was fooled.

I don't know about others, but I prefer guys like Botter and Snowden, who throw shit at walls and see what sticks. Keep everyone second guessing. More fun this way.

> But yet, they have built out a platform in Asia and Europe and the Middle East that hasn't really come online yet.

What does this mean? Asia has had years to produce a UFC champion, but it keeps missing the mark. Until they have many top stars, interest will be limited.

The UFC has already tested those markets, and the issue is not platform.

Jeremy Botter may be a post op tranny
See, I can make shit up as well

Back