How can anyone go against Rick Story

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rick Story's background

- Crazy high pressure
- Great wrestling (Took Hendricks down quite a few times in there fight)
- Likes going to the body
- Hands are ridiculously heavy
- Chin is granite
- Ground game is solid

He's basically a heavier, slightly less complete version of RDA

His best wins
- Johny Hendricks
- Thiago Alves
- Gunnar Nelson
- Tarec Saffedine
- Most people thought he beat Kampmann and Gastelum

Only been finished one time in his mma career by submission. By who? Demian fucking Maia

Story's game is too well rounded, his chin is way to hard, he hits like a truck, and he pressures ridiculously. Cowboy might not get finished, but he absolutely gets worked the whole fight

story when he's on is a great fighter.

but he aint always on.

you can look at his best wins sure, but look at his worst losses and that also tells quite the story.

demian took his soul, but his a great fighter.

I'm against him because I bought into the hype got emotionally invested like I did with my ex and next thing you know he got beat by some Afro Spanish teacher short notice replacement.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, not happening bro.

story when he's on is a great fighter.

but he aint always on.

you can look at his best wins sure, but look at his worst losses and that also tells quite the story.

Agreed. He's one of those fighters who's record isn't terrible. But when you hear his name, you think of who beat him. Not who he beat.

That sounds weird. But it's true.

Rick Story's background

- Crazy high pressure
- Chin is granite
- Ground game is solid

His best wins
- Johny Hendricks
- Thiago Alves
- Gunnar Nelson
- Tarec Saffedine

Only been finished one time in his mma career by submission. By who? Demian fucking Maia

Story's game is too well rounded, his chin is way to hard, he hits like a truck, and he pressures ridiculously. Cowboy might not get finished, but he absolutely gets worked the whole fight

1) Survive the first round
2) Stuff a takedown, respond with uppercuts
3) Repeat #2 until he collapses

That hard.

Same reason people turn on most fighters. The guy had a big hype train at one point and people were saying he would be future champ. Charlie Brennamen derailed that train heavy.

Sorry TS but Martin beat Story in an entertaining but still not hard to judge fight. If Cerrone can get him on his back he might be able to lock in a sublission but this isn't an easy fight for Cowboy.

method=get&rs=33&q=75&x=17&y=10&w=376&h=200&ro=0&s=demian-maia-10-07-2013-10-39-53-567.jpg

maia_story_nosefaucet.gif

Someone could go against Rick story because Cowboy has been looking great lately, and Story is coming off of a neck surgery recently.

Story isn't nearly as consistent as Cerrone is. However he is on a 3 fight win streak now.

Rick Story's background

- Crazy high pressure
- Chin is granite
- Ground game is solid

His best wins
- Johny Hendricks
- Thiago Alves
- Gunnar Nelson
- Tarec Saffedine

I just heard this same story a few weeks ago before Cowboy fought Cote. Story, like Cote, isn't the caliber of opponent that Cerrone typically loses to.

Story is a beast when he's on and Cowboy is Cowboy. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

I just heard this same story a few weeks ago before Cowboy fought Cote. Story, like Cote, isn't the caliber of opponent that Cerrone typically loses to.

To be fair, Story is a better fighter than Cote, especially when he shows up.

I was positive Cerrone was going to beat Cote. This one is tougher to call. I can still see Cerrone winning by decision but I don't think he finishes him.

Story will beat Cerrone. I'm a Cerrone fan but if Story comes in looking like he did in May against Saffiedine he will beat Cerrone soundly.

Cerrone looked good in his last fight but I think Cote's unbelievably poor performance made Cerrone look better than he is. Story is one of the strongest guys at 170 and will overpower Cerrone.
images

1) Survive the first round
2) Stuff a takedown, respond with uppercuts
3) Repeat #2 until he collapses

That hard.
If it was that easy hendricks, alves, & Nelson would've done it. I predicted that cerrone would clobber cote, although I didn't predict a tko finish but still. Cerrone was a big top 5 LW & cote was a small ww that wasn't top 10. In this fight I think cerrone will lose a clear decision. Story is big plus other than ridiculously heavy hands he's got all the shit op listed.

Cote had never been finished either and then got TKO'd by a guy who typically fights at 155. o_O

I definitely didn't see that coming. I guess you can't completely rule it out, but if Cerrone finishes Story and Cote back-to-back, that would be worthy of a top 5 or 7 fight in the division.

It's been a while since Story has finished anybody himself. If this goes to decision, Cerrone's got a solid shot.

Back