UFC Legend Considering UFC Ownership Stake

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Coach: Conor McGregor To Explore UFC Ownership Stake

Conor McGregor has held many titles, both tangible and abstract, over the course of his young career. But could the 27-year-old soon be adding “UFC co-owner” to his portfolio?

According to his head trainer John Kavanagh, it is a possibility “The Notorious” one intends to explore if and when the UFC is sold.

“I am sure, when he is sitting down with his new overlords, he will have that conversation,” Kavanagh told Ireland’s Sunday Business Post.

The move would be a logical one for McGregor, a fighter able to leverage his popularity to become the only mixed martial artist ever to grace Forbes’ highest-paid athletes list. According to Kurt Badenhausen, the UFC featherweight champion made an estimated $22 million over the past year — a figure largely based off a new contract that gives him a share in pay-per-view revenue for cards that he headlines.

. . .

“There was talk that Conor would get $7 million and Floyd would get the rest of it,” Kavanagh said. “It will be an even share or Conor will not do it. … Floyd needs Conor more than Conor needs Floyd right now.”

“It was him that leaked the rumor, and it said he gets $100 million and I get $7 million,” McGregor said in the May 22 interview. “That’s a pay cut to me. I don’t take pay cuts. … He’s taking $100 million, I’m also taking $100 million.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattcon...only-fighting-floyd-mayweather-for-equal-pay/

Please no. Stop this virus before it spreads everywhere.

even when mcgregor loses, he still wins

It was among the most legendary bandwagon crashes of all time anyways

any mma fighter who can't defend a rnc sucks. legend my ass. GTFO.

I like the cut of TS's jib lol

I see we're using the term legend loosely

Bow to your new ruler haters!!!

tumblr_inline_o8hdbjptyo1s4kk59_500.gif

Yeaaaaaaaah.... this isnt gonna happen

unless he plans to stop fighting and rake in the dough as partial owner? VP of Marketing and Talent Relations or some shit lol

Coach: Conor McGregor To Explore UFC Ownership Stake

Conor McGregor has held many titles, both tangible and abstract, over the course of his young career. But could the 27-year-old soon be adding “UFC co-owner” to his portfolio?

According to his head trainer John Kavanagh, it is a possibility “The Notorious” one intends to explore if and when the UFC is sold.

“I am sure, when he is sitting down with his new overlords, he will have that conversation,” Kavanagh told Ireland’s Sunday Business Post.

The move would be a logical one for McGregor, a fighter able to leverage his popularity to become the only mixed martial artist ever to grace Forbes’ highest-paid athletes list. According to Kurt Badenhausen, the UFC featherweight champion made an estimated $22 million over the past year — a figure largely based off a new contract that gives him a share in pay-per-view revenue for cards that he headlines.

. . .

“There was talk that Conor would get $7 million and Floyd would get the rest of it,” Kavanagh said. “It will be an even share or Conor will not do it. … Floyd needs Conor more than Conor needs Floyd right now.”

“It was him that leaked the rumor, and it said he gets $100 million and I get $7 million,” McGregor said in the May 22 interview. “That’s a pay cut to me. I don’t take pay cuts. … He’s taking $100 million, I’m also taking $100 million.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattcon...only-fighting-floyd-mayweather-for-equal-pay/

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse....

Amazing how the terms "legend" and "GOAT" are just thrown around so carelessly. At this point in his career, Conor is neither. He's a good marketer and a decent fighter. Let's see him fight a number of top level fighters and defend his belt a couple of times before placing these labels on him.

On the other hand, there's MM. He has fought all comers and defended his belt 8 times, and no one throws GOAT or legend his way. He's not a great talker, but he's an awesome fighter. As much as I like him, I don't even think that he's worthy of legend or GOAT status yet.

Yeaaaaaaaah.... this isnt gonna happen

unless he plans to stop fighting and rake in the dough as partial owner? VP of Marketing and Talent Relations or some shit lol
There is no way in hell the UFC is paying any fighter with an ownership stake. It'd be great for the fighters if it happened, but that's also why it won't happen.

Back