How Does Benson Henderson Feel About Joining Bellator Now?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's pretty much faded into obscurity. He just lost a fight and now he's a no-name at 170 lbs. So, he's not worth nearly what Bellator is paying him per fight anymore.

I'm assuming that means that Bellator simply won't schedule him to fight more than once every year since he's a waste of $$$.

His stock dropped fast after that move.

Why is this thread in the heavies?

DWEYC9.gif

He took on a bigger WW in Koreshkov who was just as fast, if not faster. Cut him some slack.

He's got more opportunities at 155. I wouldn't give him a title shot vs Chandler right away, but Rickels, Held or Rick Hawn would be interesting matchups. Not to mention a rematch vs Thomson.

Since when does Bellator give a shit about wins and losses in regard to their roster? They want to sell fights, and Ben Henderson is still a well-known name.

I think he's still marketable -- albeit in retrospect, it probably would have been better if they gave Benson an easier fight at 170 lbs. That way, they could have better promoted the eventual title fight more.

Anyhow, he could still fight in either division; and even make a run for the lightweight belt.

I think he's still marketable -- albeit in retrospect, it probably would have been better if they gave Benson an easier fight at 170 lbs. That way, they could have better promoted the eventual title fight more.

Anyhow, he could still fight in either division; and even make a run for the lightweight belt.
Wait hold on a minute.

When was he ever marketable?

Well they still have to pay him (plus he gets sponsor money). So I'm assuming, pretty good.

Well they still have to pay him (plus he gets sponsor money). So I'm assuming, pretty good.
Sponsor money only comes in if hes being seen. And he is not currently.

I think he probably feels well paid, big fish in a small pond but terribly concerned that superpunch from sherdog does not approve.

Back