Just saw the Jose Aldo movie and it's very good

basementdweller

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hi sherdog,

Today I went with my wife to see "Mais forte que o Mundo: A história de José Aldo", a movie that shows his life from poor upbringing in Amazonas up until the Hominick fight.

My expectations were pretty low: I didn't like the trailers I saw, the guy playing Aldo would probably be a LHW, and I just don't really like MMA movies. The acting is usually subpar, with too much fighting sequences that are just a bore. But the movie surprised me in every aspect of it.

The acting is frankly amazing. Jackson Antunes, who played Aldo's father, had many impactful scenes that I'll personally remember for years. The story itself is very rich, with interesting characters that relate in a very real and passionate way with Aldo, especially his wife, his coach and his parents. The fighting sequences are a bit of a hit or miss, but the movie never bores the audience. It's fast paced and explosive like Aldo in his WEC days.

If you're a fan of José Aldo, I strongly recommend watching this film. If you're a fan of great acting, I also recommend watching it. There were 8 people in the movie session and I think this movie will be overlooked by almost everyone, and I think it's a shame. I didn't watch every MMA movie, but this has to be the best.

235439.jpg

does it include the Conor fight?

Aldo aint that damn tall like he is in the movie. Looks like a giant.

Aldo aint that damn tall like he is in the movie. Looks like a giant.
the guy doesn't look like aldo and he is really massively built. took me some time to get used to it since aldo is really kinda thin and small.

Do you think the main actor did a good job as Jose Aldo? Is he credible in the role?

That will be in the sequel. They are just waiting for a rematch so he can avenge his loss and finish the sequel ;)
so there wont be a sequel then? not surprising really

Do you think the main actor did a good job as Jose Aldo? Is he credible in the role?
I thought everyone looked great. the main actor is built like a LHW, but he really does compensate it with very intense acting all the way.

Did they get ET to play Mark Hominick?

Mark+HominickXJos%25C3%25A9+Aldo-UFC129.jpg

hahaha, yeah the guy playing Hominick is very different than Hominick and didn't end with a ball on his head. I thought that fight was well translated to the movie though (the mike brown fight wasn't imo).

movie was done before they fought man. I know it's hard to imagine a world where things exist outside of Conor but there you go.
are you taking my posts seriously? that good sir was your first mistake lol

Back