Dillashaw: Cody is too easy for Cruz

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/27/1...asy-to-gameplan-for-wanderlei-silva-style-mma

He's always been good. He's fast, he hits hard, but I think he's a little one dimensional. He's a good fighter, he's got good wrestling. But if you watch his style, all he really gots is that he bum rushes you with hooks, you know? Kind of like the Wanderlei-style. He's good, he's athletic. I knew he was going to make his way up the ranks in UFC and he's doing a good job."

As for how Dillashaw thinks Cody would do in a fight against current bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz, he doesn't give his former training partner much of a shot since it won't take much to come up with a gameplan to defeat him.

"I think Dominick has too much movement for him, he's too well-rounded. Cody would be too easy to gameplan for. Like I said, he has to run at you and throw hands. Every combo you see him hit is him throwing overhands, hooks or sprinting at you. It's not the most technical, but it's very athletic and fast. Cruz would be too smart for him, too many angles and outpoint him."

Cruz would pick Warbrandt apart at the moment, yes.

That being said - War Warbrandt.

I agree. The most elusive guy in the UFC vs a second rate version of Faber.

I think Cody's style is tailor made for Cruz. Now if he were to connect then it would get very interesting but I believe Dominick would pick him apart.

TJ pissing all over his old teammates.

I'd say at least 50% of that is thanks to McGoat pushing him into a corner so he had to defend himself. Drama like this stays with you for a lifetime. Conor Bless.

Also, he's not wrong.

yea, give cruz that fight - then afterward, hate on him really reallly hard for fighting no one good n two years

giphy.gif

Thanks for posting TS. It doesn't seem like Dillashaw is being a dick or anything. He seems to just be giving an honest opinion. Nonetheless, I still like watching Cody fight. Afterall, I love Wanderlei style.

Cruz is elusive yes, but in a 5 round fight I think Cody eventually knock him down.
What happens after that. I don't know

I think Cruz wins a decision, but Cody has five rounds to land one knock out punch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back