2016 - Year of the Dead

Mochan

Saku Belt
Reaction score
It's crazy how many MMA-related deaths happened just this year. And the weird thing is, only one of them actually died as a result of injuries from fighting in the ring or cage.

Joao Cavalho
Kevin Randleman
Jordan Parsons
Kimbo Slice
Ryan Jimmo
Amar Suloev

Were there any other deaths that happened last year or the years prior? Did it ever happen with this frequency? I am trying to think of other examples of strange MMA-related deaths.

It's really a shame. But the thing is that two of them were hit and runs, those guys need to be brought to justice.

The one who hit Jordan has been arrested. Ryan Jimmo's hit and run offender has yet to be identified, I think.

Year has been pretty shitty in terms of deaths.

It's crazy that Kimbo and Dada could've both died in their fight. That would've been a disaster.

It's really a shame. But the thing is that two of them were hit and runs, those guys need to be brought to justice.
OK "hit and run" is a terrible description of what happened to Jimmo.

Parsons was killed in a hit and run.

Jimmo was murdered with a car.

One's a manslaughter, the other's a murder.

You're right. Yesterday I learned about Jimmo's altercation with a fellow at a bar or something, and the guy back up on Jimmo killing him, then fled the scene. It was murder no doubt.

and the year is only 1/2 over too

The one who hit Jordan has been arrested. Ryan Jimmo's hit and run offender has yet to be identified, I think.
Edmonton police released photos of the truck that hit Jimmo, so I think it's a matter of time before the guys are caught. Hope they rot in jail.

Yeah, crazier still is the fact that Jimmo was walking away when they hit him. They argued for a minute, but then it sounds like Jimmo decided to be the bigger man, and walked away from a guy he clearly could have beat the shit out of. But then the guy ran him down. I can't wait till they catch the guy who did it.

pretty sure kimbos last fights contributed to his passing... if he had stayed retired he probably would have gotten several more years.

Yeah, crazier still is the fact that Jimmo was walking away when they hit him. They argued for a minute, but then it sounds like Jimmo decided to be the bigger man, and walked away from a guy he clearly could have beat the shit out of. But then the guy ran him down. I can't wait till they catch the guy who did it.
It appears Edmonton police have located the suspected vehicle:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ed...ected-in-HitandRun-Death-of-Ryan-Jimmo-107081

Ivan Cole as well, killed himself playing Russian roulette

Back