Cro Cop's movement/footwork against Wanderlei 2nd fight...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What was that? Really amazing, even better than todays McGregor and The Spider...
Those counters were on point, as the devastating kicks... Its a shame this Mirko never went to the UFC.
This was the man that turned me an MMA fan:
crocop.gif

Silva came in 5 pounds heavier than Mirko in this match, which i believe was a mistake. This was the best performance of Mirko's career, beating Wanderlai Silva and Josh Barnett in one night. I fully believe he may have even beaten Fedor this night, he was just pin point in his accuracy.

We'll always have the 2006 OW GP.

Never forget.

Yeh he was really phenomal. Great movement, angles, speed & precision. Very hard to hit, unreal TDD. Absolutely loved watching him fight.

He was so good that night. His footwork and accuracy was impeccable.

Looks like he was ultra confident that he knew how to deal with Wand's striking, and that Wand would try and exchange with him.

That fight IMO ended Wanderlei's prime.

left hook-right hook

left straight

left hook-right hook

left straight

Silva came in 5 pounds heavier than Mirko in this match, which i believe was a mistake. This was the best performance of Mirko's career, beating Wanderlai Silva and Josh Barnett in one night. I fully believe he may have even beaten Fedor this night, he was just pin point in his accuracy.

also dont forget mirko put on weight in ufc as well

in pride he was 220/225, while in ufc he was around 235/240. that also might explain why he didnt look as fast in ufc

also dont forget mirko put on weight in ufc as well

in pride he was 220/225, while in ufc he was around 235/240. that also might explain why he didnt look as fast in ufc

This is a good point as well, i never understood why they choose to put on weight when their speed gave them the advantage at Heavyweight. But maybe its because they werent as quick anymore and wanted to simply try and become heavier to stay in par with the other heavyweights at that weight.

Out of all my years of watching MMA, I consider that my favourite KO.

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Still dont understand why mirko did not perform well in the UFC

Impressive that he was faster than a guy a weight class smaller.

left hook-right hook

left straight

left hook-right hook

left straight
I was basically going to say this. It's much easier to counter and look great doing it when you know what's coming in every exchange.

Back