UFC 202 all Welterweight main card?

GibsterMMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is a great card (month) of seeing exactly who is where in the division, I wouldn't be surprised with Rumble vs Glover headlining FS1 prelims and Iaquinta vs Alves headlining the Fight Pass Prelims, here's a possible main card with an added match:

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor
Demian Maia vs Carlos Condit
Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story
Neil Magny vs Dong Hyun Kim
Gunnar Nelson vs Lorenz Larkin

Matt Brown vs Larkin would be good too if he has a quick W vs Ellenberger, thoughts on the idea and possibility of one more higher profile welterweight match being added?

No Way Rumble vs Glover is not on the main card.

No Way Rumble vs Glover is not on the main card.

Truthfully IMO it should be the main event. Has bigger implications than any other fight on the card.

But I also understand ratings-wise Conor is the obvious #1 draw so I totally understand having him headline.

Rumble vs Glover has already been announced as co main

170 is the Sheit right now.

Let's just hope Woodley get injured and Wonderboy take is place at UFC201

This is a great card (month) of seeing exactly who is where in the division, I wouldn't be surprised with Rumble vs Glover headlining FS1 prelims and Iaquinta vs Alves headlining the Fight Pass Prelims, here's a possible main card with an added match:

Matt Brown vs Larkin would be good too if he has a quick W vs Ellenberger, thoughts on the idea and possibility of one more higher profile welterweight match being added?
why the fuck would they put Rumble vs Glover on the fightpass prelims? they put fun fights on there, not co-main or main event worthy fights

With Condit/Maia and Johnson/Teixeira on UFC 202, still trying to figure out what they have in store for the event headliner for Vancouver/Fox event??? Hard to argue that either would be have been a great choice.

You are an idiot.

TS did you really think Rumble vs Glover would go from the Fox main card co main to fs1 prelims???

pass whatever drugs you are on now

With the least relevant fight to the division being the Main Event.

I actually think they won't book anymore WWs for this card because I think WWs will be a big part of the Fox card at the end of August. I think they will probably do Nick Diaz v Rory for the main event and then I think they'll do something like Magny v Stun Gun.

Almost seems as if they are a little worried about Conor's draw so they are stacking the card.

i think it's more insurance in case anything happens to Nate or Conor pulling any shit. They just move everyone up a slot

I actually think they won't book anymore WWs for this card because I think WWs will be a big part of the Fox card at the end of August. I think they will probably do Nick Diaz v Rory for the main event and then I think they'll do something like Magny v Stun Gun.

magny vs kim is already on the 202 card and no way Rory is back anytime soon. Still has to negotiate a new contract and he said he would be out awhile anyway to take care of his nose situation

Back