Why Does Brock Have Any Incentive to Try to Win?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's coming back for one fight and doing it for the $$$$$... He's not going to fight again.

So, why does he have any incentive to try to win and consequently risk injury? Especially that one would take him out of professional wrestling, like a Mark Hunt hook to the jaw, and end up making him lose money for taking this fight?

Is anyone taking that into account when they're placing bets?

1369449576510.jpg

He's likes to compete.*shrugs*

A. He gets more money if he wins
B. He's a competitor
C. Trying to win actually lessens his chance of injury

If he goes I in there and sandbags his lips are gonna get knocked off

He needs to keep his image for WWE. Losing would ruin that.
You seem a bit out of touch. Lesnar ended his previous MMA career with two losses in the UFC. He's arguably the biggest draw in the WWE.

It's the character that sells in pro wrestling.

It's simple. He still has a competitive drive and feels he has something left to prove.

You seem a bit out of touch. Lesnar ended his previous MMA career with two losses in the UFC. He's arguably the biggest draw in the WWE.

His image has evolved a bit since he first went back to WWE. His character has been an unbeatable mofo the last few years. He'll still be "over" if he loses....it'll just be harder to sell him as an unstoppable monster, fella.

A. He gets more money if he wins
B. He's a competitor
C. Trying to win actually lessens his chance of injury

He's getting PPV points. A win bonus is jack shit.

As for C, trying to win means he's less likely to get injured.. I'm insinuating that if he's logical, he's going to go Bob Sapp on us.

20081113095743-1.jpg

"ooh I'm so hurt. I'm super KOd, I'm serial. Did the check deposit yet?"

I'm insinuating that if he's logical, he's going to go Bob Sapp on us.

"ooh I'm so hurt. I'm super KOd, I'm serial. Did the check deposit yet?"

Have you actually watched Lesnar fucking fight?

Garbage thread, 3/10.

He's coming back for one fight and doing it for the $$$$$... He's not going to fight again.

So, why does he have any incentive to try to win and consequently risk injury? Especially that one would take him out of professional wrestling, like a Mark Hunt hook to the jaw, and end up making him lose money for taking this fight?

Is anyone taking that into account when they're placing bets?

1369449576510.jpg

If he was coming back only for the money he would have elected to fight Struve or Nelson or Mir (not surprising the only guys hunt has been able to beat in his last 5)

This is just dumb. He’s not coming back for money. He makes more than enough in the WWE. Apparently TS doesn’t understand why some people challenge themselves.

Brock is a fighter.. he lost a couple of fights but that Carwin fight proved the guy has heart

Maybe it's just me but I think he legitimately missed MMA...

He's going to try to win.

I don't know what the matchmaker was thinking. This is the worst fight possible for Brock. If he doesn't get a takedown everyone in the building knows whats coming next. It's going to be hard to watch.

It took them about 3 to 4 years of amazing booking to get Lesnar where he is now, after he initially came back he lost every feud he was in, to Cena and HHH, they didn't give him this huge push until 2 or 3 years after his last mma fight and they let him go over Taker, he's been on a tear since. If he loses, that whole unstoppable human shit goes out the window, even his handler Paul Heyman has admitted that losing would hurt the image he has right now in the WWE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back