TJ Dillashaw: Cody's 'Wanderlei' Style Too Easy To Crack

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
TJ Dillashaw: Cody Garbrandt's 'Wanderlei Silva-style' of fighting is too easy to gameplan for
"He's always been good. He's fast, he hits hard, but I think he's a little one dimensional. He's a good fighter, he's got good wrestling. But if you watch his style, all he really gots is that he bum rushes you with hooks, you know? Kind of like the Wanderlei-style. He's good, he's athletic. I knew he was going to make his way up the ranks in UFC and he's doing a good job."

"I think Dominick has too much movement for him, he's too well-rounded. Cody would be too easy to gameplan for. Like I said, he has to run at you and throw hands. Every combo you see him hit is him throwing overhands, hooks or sprinting at you. It's not the most technical, but it's very athletic and fast. Cruz would be too smart for him, too many angles and outpoint him."
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/27/1...asy-to-gameplan-for-wanderlei-silva-style-mma

And we all love Wanderlei for it. Better than a 2nd rate Dominic Cruz copy cat.

I understand what you're saying, but better is not the right word for it because TJ is better than Cody

Show me an instance where TJ used his footwork to run?

TJ is a very aggressive fighter.

You must be talking about Dominick.

Was with you up until you started to claim that Cruz runs. Neither of them "run".

Was with you up until you started to claim that Cruz runs. Neither of them "run".

I agree but he would make a better case for Dominick "running" than he would for TJ...

TJ is literally almost always coming forward.

Dominick often is backing up.

True, Dom was running away against TJ. TJ was the agressor

Agree to some point. Cruz was pretty agressive aganist old rival Faber. big diffrence I noticed in Cruz-Tj fight was tj become angry and started to load strikes expecially head kicks, when he should stick to low kicks. But in this moment I think they are in legaue of they own.

I agree but he would make a better case for Dominick "running" than he would for TJ...

TJ is literally almost always coming forward.

Dominick often is backing up.

Cruz backs up when he has to, which is why he is the better fighter. He created that style, TJ is still learning it.

TJ+Dillashaw+Stops+Renan+Barao+UFC+173.gif

HE BRINGS THE HEAT THE LITTLE SNAKE FUCK

People said the same thing about Condit when he was going to fight Diaz

We all know how that turned out

Oooo no. You can love Wand more, I won't fault you for that, but if you're saying a Wanderlei is better than a TJ Dillashaw you're out of your mind

I like Cody Garbrandt, he isn't the best technician but he's sharp.

People said the same thing about Condit when he was going to fight Diaz

We all know how that turned out

So what you are saying is because Carlos Condit ran away vs Nick Diaz, that's why TJ is going to do the same vs Cody?

giphy.gif

Looks like TJ only watched UFC Wand. PRIDE Wand had an excellent jab that he forgot in later years to set up alot of his game, and great setups and followups for his hooks. His striking was calculated violent, he was more like a thinking man's demon and he looked like a mini-demon in his prime compared to the bezerker he became as his skills and body badly deteriorated. He was anything but easy to gameplan for in his prime. Unfortunately he was never the same after the Mark Hunt and Cro Cop 2 fights.

Back