Stephen Thompson is feeling some pressure to start talking crap about his opponents

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/27/1...t-feeling-love-from-ufc-marketing-machine-mma

He knows that it would come out really fake for him to do that so he most likely never will. He should really just be himself and let his skills speak for him. The more fake the UFC becomes the less I am interested in it. I like trash talk as much as the next guy but it needs to be genuine and not fake or rehearsed. If the guys who talk trash get paid so much more than the guys who don't then everyone is going to do it and it's going to look really dumb. But it is what it is. What I don't get is how someone like Sage Northcutt is getting paid 40/40 right off the bat and Stephen Thompson is still getting friggin 27/27. These contracts are shit that they last for so long. Guys like Stephen should be getting increased pay at a faster rate. If he loses a close fight with Robbie Lawler is Dana going to be like "hurr durr you just lost and aren't a big enough draw, how about 30/30? durrrrr"

he is a good christian wonderboy and it's not like him to talk trash about his opponents

love thy neighbor

Don't have any desire to see Stephen embark on contrived trash talk. He's a skilled and marketable fighter, the UFC can sell him if they wish.

he is a good christian wonderboy and it's not like him to talk trash about his opponents

love thy neighbor

Maybe when someone asks him about an opponent he could get all serious and start reciting some Old Testament scriptures about how all enemies of God will fall and be destroyed...

He'd probably come off like Mel Gibson in Signs. "I'm insane with anger!"

I think the worst part is, if they don't speak up to Dana bout a payrise then the ufc brass will keep fighters on a shitty 10 + 10. Sounds like a shitty career but oh well at least it's not me

Don't have any desire to see Stephen embark on contrived trash talk. He's a skilled and marketable fighter, the UFC can sell him if they wish.

Same. His career so far speaks for itself plus I kinda thought they'd give him a better deal for taking out an unmarketable and possible contender spoiler Johny Hendricks.

He should just wear a mask, get like a Kane type thing going.

Guess he may have to take up some WWE shit talking classes.

He didn't say he felt pressured.

In response to the question of why he doesn't think that he is being pushed like McGregor he said,

"It might be because I am not that Conor McGregor-type. I am a very respectful guy to my opponents no matter how they feel about me. Maybe that's what it is. Maybe I need to start talking crap or something? I don't know. But if I started doing that now, people would know that's not me."

Sounds like he might be feeling some pressure to me.

hopefully he doesn't talk trash and just stays true to himself i mean look at how obnoxious Weidman has become and im a fan of his

The UFC can but they wont. They claim to be a promotion and promote fighters but they have fighters promote themselves instead of concentrating on fighting. It is fucking ridiculous, I agree.

Unfortunately, classy individuals like Thompson need to resort to trashy behaviors to create some sort of hype, just to elevate his pay. This reflects the society we live in, hence why the US best candidate is muppets like Trump & Hillary.

They hype Sage

Myth. Fans and media keep talking about Sage. The UFC hasn't promoted Sage much - he was on Embedded once and he was on the poster of a shitty Fight Night card.

Maybe when someone asks him about an opponent he could get all serious and start reciting some Old Testament scriptures about how all enemies of God will fall and be destroyed...

No for Gay Jesus

Back