Why there is no such a thing as a GOAT on Sherdog...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Because as soon as a good fighter loses, then his worshipers say that he is past his prime! So basically, you're the goat as long as you're winning, but as soon as you lose to a better fighter then you're are the goat, but you are past your prime! So you can keep your rank as the best although you lost to a better fighter?That means, for example, healthy Rua is the goat since he destroyed everyone in his prime and now he became past his prime once he entered the UFC and lost to Forrest, but still the goat!

Can you guys give me more excuses why great fighters are goats even though they lose to better fighters aside from the lame past their prime thing, Something more convincing? Because then and only then, you can make sense!

Last edited:
Because as soon as a good fighter loses, then his worshipers say that he is past his prime! So basically, you're the goat as long as you're winning, but as soon as you lose to a better fighter then you're are the goat, but you are past your prime! So you can keep your rank as the best although you lost to a better fighter?That means, for example, healthy Rua is the goat since he destroyed everyone in his prime and now he became past his prime once he entered the UFC and lost to Forrest, but still the goat!

Can you guys give me more excuses why great fighters are goats even though they lose to better fighters aside from past their prime?

Fighter A gets hype
Fighter A finally beats a champion and is claimed GOAT
Fighter A gets 1000000000 threads on message boards and gets talked about by ESPN often
Fighter A picks up a ton of haters because people are annoyed
Fighter A eventually loses and everyone and their mom come out the wood work and say TROLOLOLOLOL I told you they were overrated and suck

It's the circle of life in sports tbh

Because it's a forum and people can't have the same opinion about stuff.

i-goat-this.jpeg

There is only one GOAT

genelebell-hd1.jpg

No one is better

People on sherdog don't have logic to their goat debate! As soon as their favorite fighter loses to a better fighter, then he is past his prime even if he says he is the best shape of his life! So sherdogers know who is past his prime better the fighters themselves; it's ridiculous mentality don't u agree?

Can you guys give me more excuses why great fighters are goats even though they lose to better fighters aside from past their prime?

@Shido is the Sherdog GOAT. First mofo to go plutonium. Powerful.

Can you guys give me more excuses why great fighters are goats even though they lose to better fighters aside from the lame past their prime thing, Something more convincing? Because then and only then, you can make sense!
The sport, as we know it, is less than 20 years old. The history of MMA is a fart in the wind. There will be legit greatest fighters when history gets written.

People on sherdog don't have logic to their goat debate! As soon as their favorite fighter loses to a better fighter, then he is past his prime even if he says he is the best shape of his life! So sherdogers know who is past his prime better the fighters themselves; it's ridiculous mentality don't u agree?
Strong logic and proparer argumentation is a very rare trait amongst people. Especially amongst retards, of which many have an account here. Finally, as it is a sport, rationality is out of the window even faster.

Because it's a forum and people can't have the same opinion about stuff.
True, but every time this goat debate starts, the logic is flowed by "past his prime sheet"; it's just sickening! There is so much denial on this forum and very few people that can really make sense. I'm actually thinking of targeting those no logic threads that keep repeating themselves so maybe we can have some intelligent threads for a change.

Last edited:
Better than rehashing goat discussion, thread #1 million.
Actually, I'm trying to put this matter to an end! Basically, what I'm saying is if you lose a fight to another fighter, then you can't be goat because you lost; it doesn't matter if you're healthy, old, young or whatever. This game is a winner's game and you're as good as your last fight, period!

True, but every time this goat debate starts, the logic is flowed by "past his prime sheet"; it's just sickening! There is so much denial on this form and very few people that can really make sense. I'm actually thinking of targeting those no logic threads that keep repeating themselves so maybe we can have some intelligent threads for a change.

but your man is right. Because the idea of a GOAT is not as linear as say a HW champ and the fact that it is subjective you will never get consensus...

It's true. We had Conor beating the shit out of Diaz for a round and a house, and then he gets KO'd and suddenly Conor is a scrub. It's bizarre.

Back