Lauren Murphy (9-2) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (7-0) at UFC FN #91 on July 13

One is a 4 the other a 5...

I shall allow it!

Nice to see some fresh blood in the division.

I have no clue who Chookagian is, I looked her up on YouTube she seems like a scrappy chick though. Should be a good addition to a growing division.

But in the meantime:

post-56705-hot-bikini-lady-drops-sunscree-10qh.gif

Kajagoogoo?

where's Limahl?

Good addition and she's a violent fighter. Though most of her fights were at 125, she's better off at 135 considering she is 5'9" tall. It's actually ridiculous she fought once at 115 years ago...

Wow. Not going to get in a "looks" debate, so all I'll say is that is a VERY generous rating.

Murphy by having better coaches.
Chookiagian trains with Frankie Edgar and he's cornered a few of her fights as well.

I will add that Chookiagian is going to campaign for a flyweight division, though, and it's clear she'd fight there if/when it opens based on her twitter feed. She is pretty thin for bantamweight now that I rewatched her fights unless she bulks up...

She does have great footwork and is very active and accurate while circling away. Chookiagian also loves using knees in the clinch as well as sporadically in standup. Murphy is tough but she tends to move in a straight line and I think Chookiagian will batter her on the outside as well as in the clinch.

Interesting .. I will have to look more into Chookagian

I've been critical of WBW in the UFC for lack of talent and lack of newcomers. From what I read, Katlyn might be both. Seems to be well-rounded and fairly skilled. The only knock I have is that she normally fights at 125. I hope she wins, just because Murphy already hit her ceiling.

i think murphy will take her down pretty easy and elbow her way to a stoppage

Back