For the love of it

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
So with all the perceived low pay for fighters do you folks think it is safe to say that mma is the 1 sport where the pros can trully say and mean they do it for the love of the sport?

Regardless of pay, you have to have "love for the sport" considering your opponent's objective is to seperate you from consciousness or make you give up due to pain or fear of injury

angry-no.gif

Regardless of pay, you have to have "love for the sport" considering your opponent's objective is to seperate you from consciousness or make you give up due to pain or fear of injury
I agree but we do have folks like uriah hall who doesnt like to hurt people and folks like nick diaz who has said flat out he doesnt nor ever liked fighting. But for the majority of fighters I can agree with this.

So with all the perceived low pay for fighters do you folks think it is safe to say that mma is the 1 sport where the pros can trully say and mean they do it for the love of the sport?

Excuse me...?

"Perceived" low pay... O_O

They are EXTREMELY low paid...period.

It costs fucking money to train...and train some more...

...it's costly...and time consuming.

MMA fighters remind me of people who choose to work for slave wages... (mind you, there are obvious exceptions)

Outsourcing is mainly EVIL and a Brobdingnagian reason why the USA doesn't make things anymore...and why corporations don't want to pay Americans REAL wages...and so forth.

I know, I'm maundering, but one would think that MMA fighters would get paid REAL money in light of how much of a true niche "sport" it is...

...whereas gladiators of old were fucking LEGENDS who were treated like royalty........................

Probably if your in Bellator and not a ex UFC guy.

Also, there was guys boxing on ESPN for like $800.

Excuse me...?

MMA fighters remind me of people who choose to work for slave wages... (mind you, there are obvious exceptions)

Outsourcing is mainly EVIL and a Brobdingnagian reason why the USA doesn't make things anymore...and why corporations don't want to pay Americans REAL wages...and so forth.

I know, I'm maundering, but one would think that MMA fighters would get paid REAL money in light of how much of a true niche "sport" it is...

...whereas gladiators of old were fucking LEGENDS who were treated like royalty........................
I say perceived simply due to the fact that we dont know the full scope pay. But I dont disagree with you that many are grossly underpaid.

Last edited:
UFC should at least be paying for all of the fighter's training camps.

UFC should at least be paying for all of the fighter's training camps.
Top notch. I love this idea. And be able to doc them if the fighter gets injured due to training. It would for sure cut down on the injury issue

Top notch. I love this idea. And be able to doc them if the fighter gets injured due to training. It would for sure cut down on the injury issue

Exactly.

Imagine if every NBA and NFL player had to pay for their own training and practices before going into a game? But at least those guys are well compensated.

UFC is really doing their fighters dirty...

Last edited:
Well, Nick Diaz for example says he hates prize fighting but loves martial arts. He's said he'd play badminton or do triathlons instead if the pay was the same, haha. No matter what though, I think to be extremely high level at anything, there has to be a strong amount of love for what one is doing.

I think a lot of guys get into because of their egos, they think they are going to be one of the few who make a lot of money doing it. But, sadly, they don't.

I don't know Trully, but I like em

Unless you are willing to verbally and mentally prostitute yourself like Canner McTapTap for the amusement of the drunk brainless rabble, i.e. if you are a quiet, no bullshit fighter, you will be paid peanuts "because you don't sell teh PPV". Is normal. Dana bless.

Excuse me...?

It's okay man,it had to be said.

War Machine said he'd rather get paid crumbs to be legally able to harm somebody than to work in an office making six figures. Granted, he's pants-on-head crazy, so take it for what it's worth, but that might not be an uncommon sentiment.

Imo there is no doubt MMA is the toughest "sport" in the World... i dont see any other sport where one has to dedicate themselfes fully , at such high risk and with such "little" reward

Back