Ryan Jimmo Funeral Gofundme

Jeff.M

I Like Chess
@White
Reaction score
Hey Guys, this is my first post here, joined yesterday so i dont know if this is violating any rules.

But long story short Ryan Jimmo's family is in need of financial assistance to fly their son home in order to bury him.

There's a link to the gofundme page.

Ryan was out of my home town in Saint John NB, and actually an incredible person, he would come by our little gym just to help with teaching and say Hi. Needless to say that was a really memorable thing for me, to see someone from the UFC actually wanting to see you do well in what you love. My coach back home is pretty torn up about this and he's been trying to help raise the money, I figured It's worth a shot to throw it on here.

if this is against any rules I apologize, I just figured it is worth sharing that the family has one more thing to worry about on top of this.

EDIT:

It appears some people are having trouble viewing the link, if this is the case please PM me and I will send it to you.
Thanks.
-Jeff

EDIT #2
The goal has been raised, (10 602$ as of now)
That's some good news from a terrible situation. A big thanks to all those who did what they could to help, and to the mods for keeping this post stickied.

I am very new to sherdog but its really nice to see this is a community with people who care.

Last edited:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's focus on the now. Not the thread to make a point in. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, so don't get rustled. Let's all just show some class and rag on Zuffa in a different thread.

Last edited:
Let's focus on the now. Not the thread to make a point in. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, so don't get rustled. Let's all just show some class and rag on Zuffa in a different thread.
Agreed. I just hate those a holes. Lol. I hope they grow a conscience.

Anyway we can only control what we do.

nice to see so many people chipping in to help the guys family was surprised to see how many of the donators are women not sure if they are mma fans or if he was helping some of their kids in lessons and stuff

Damn man I hope this gets some funding, God Bless.

I hope whoever those morons who ran him over get whatever the worst the canadian judicial system has to offer.

Donated $100. Thank you for this thread.

I was fucking angry when i heard about this tbh. I was wishing there was something i could do and you gave me the way to help.

Im not religous but bless you from the bottom of my heart @Jeff.M

Good on you @Jeff.M. Will donate some once I finish work.

PS I really liked your anecdote, wish we could hear more about this kind of thing without the circumstance.

Donated $100. Thank you for this thread.

I was fucking angry when i heard about this tbh. I was wishing there was something i could do and you gave me the way to help.

Im not religous but bless you from the bottom of my heart @Jeff.M

Thanks a lot Wizz, I really do appreciate those words.

nice to see so many people chipping in to help the guys family was surprised to see how many of the donators are women not sure if they are mma fans or if he was helping some of their kids in lessons and stuff

To answer that question, most of the women are affiliated with the family or the Gym (our fight like a girl class is a huge success). This page as far as I know is largly funded by locals in our community, thats why I decided to throw it on here and hopefully give it a boost.

Thanks a lot for everything guys

Good idea Jeff.M. I'm sure his family needs all the help they can get in this trying time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shared on twitter. Sadly, I can't contribute but I'll do what I can to help.

That's the missed conception. You don't have to be religious to pray or have faith in a god or creator. Remember we are all energy. The energy goes somewhere when we die. Where? I don't know. I have my own beliefs.

nevermind lol. I feel bad for his family and I seriously hope those who did this get thrown in prison forever since there is no death penalty in Canada.

Glad to see the community coming together for such a good cause.

I'm a family man myself and couldn't imagine losing one of my kids. If I didn't need every dime I get, I would contribute. Hopefully who ever did this is brought to justice.

Just out of curiosity, is it normal for people in general to crowd fund funerals, or is this unique to MMA fighters?

Nearly halfway there! If you can't contribute, spread the word: I have seen the Gofundme page posted on twitter multiple times with fighters tags added for more impact. No need to flood the Internet, just post it once and send your blessings!

I'm a family man myself and couldn't imagine losing one of my kids. If I didn't need every dime I get, I would contribute. Hopefully who ever did this is brought to justice.
Hopefully, whoever did this is locked in a cage with all of Ryan's friends, training partners and every fighter he ever faced...

Back