McGregor vs. Diaz 2

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What if Conor loses again. What does that do to his momentum?

Great thread TS. Never been discussed before.

Fight Mayweather. Or play LeBron in 1 on 1. Maybe have a rap battle with Eminem.

I would say his career gets flushed down the hopper....no??

Wild guess

Excellent thread, tho

giphy.gif

He will stop fighting. Conor is supposed to be the best fighter ever and he thinks that as well. Losing to Nate, someone that woudn't be a top 50 WW and is only a top 5 LW again would make him just stop.

What if Conor loses again. What does that do to his momentum?
When Conor loses again, it hurts his momentum in being considered some kind of superstar but if he gets back down to featherweight and fights the Aldo/Edgar winner toward the end of the year, I think he keeps the title as the best FW out there. Plus if he keeps his mouth running but limits it to FWs then he'll keep his popularity among his die hard fans and casuals everywhere.

I think the real interesting question is what does the UFC do with Nate after he beats Conor again. I think he deserves a title shot at either LW or WW, his choice and it will be LW or a big name fight maybe against BJ.

Mayweather = ultimate red panty night > retirement.

Wins and losses are overrated. I'm more interested in how competitive the fight is and what actually happens. The question should ask not if he loses again, but what if he gets finished again.

I think if he decides to stay at featherweight and keeps dominating there. Than he will regain his momentum. Most importantly the UFC must stop him from moving up to LW because even if he wins the belt he will lose soon after. LW division is the premier division in mixed martial arts and nobody there can hold a title for long.

To give a realistic answer, he'd permanently move to 155lb, where he'll be a perennial top 7 fighter, but never beating the top 2.

Back