Who Would You Pick To Fill-In Against Tony Ferguson? (Poll)

Replacement Fighter For UFC Fight Night South Dakota

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
With the news that Michael Chiesa is out with back issues for his Main Event fight with Tony Ferguson, the UFC is currently mulling it's options for a replacement for half of the South Dakota FN's Main Event. There are a couple different LWs that are available to take this fight. Who would you pick?

I'm not sure if Khabib is going to take the fight. When asked about the possibility of being rescheduled against Tony Ferguson, he seemed very lukewarm concerning the fight, I think he believes his win over Darrell Horcher and his past win over the current champ warrants him a shot at the winner of RDA/Alvarez. That and I believe it interferes with his observing of Ramadan does it not?

I'd like to see the UFC give Poirier the shot and put him in there for a really big fight. Dude has been a straight wrecking ball since moving up to LW and recently moved into the top 10 with a first round TKO win over Bobby Green. That would be an awesome matchup and an awesome replacement for a main event fight.

What do you guys think?

Cowboy would be ideal.

Khabib has Ramadan so he can't fight anytime soon.

Cowboy, let's see how elite Ferg is before he gets a TS

Cerrone - free
Poirier - he wanted to take some time off
Khabib - Ramadan
MJ - didn't deserve it at this point
Dariush - didn't deserve it at this point

Cowboy is the only real choice, imo

Well ideally Khabib but he's fasting right now so there's no way. I'd like to see the MJ rematch.

Khabib, but thats not a possibility unfortunately.

Next best option for me would be Poirier.

Cowboy guaranteed to take the fight. Fireworks, just like Dustin would be.

I'd really like to see the Khabib fight finally happen but he has that Ramadan thing going on so he is definitely not going to be the replacement.

I think Khabib is ideal but in case of his religious stuff I would say Poirier is the next best option.

I'm not a fan of Cerrone getting the fight just on the fact that if he wins no one wants to see him fight rda a 3rd time and you effectively just killed off a title contender with not much payoff.

Not that it wouldn't be a bad ass fight.

I would love to see Cowboy fight Ferguson too but idk man, I really like Cowboy at 170 and wanna see him fight a contender at that weight.

I went ahead and just took Khabib off the poll. I wasn't entirely sure Ramadan would interfere but it looks like it will.

UFC, " Shit, a fighter dropped out of a main even spot... hmmm it wasnt a very heavy fighter.... I've got it! CALL COWBOY!"

I would love to see Cowboy fight Ferguson too but idk man, I really like Cowboy at 170 and wanna see him fight a contender at that weight.

Ugh forgot he's at 170 now...

Back