Closest a champ has come to cleaning out a division?

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who would you say is/was the closest to cleaning out their division?

I'd say either Jones or GSP. Right now Jones has a win over pretty much every top LHW except Rumble. GSP had a controversial decision win and then retired but he's coming back so he may beat hendricks now and possibly lawler too.

Anderson did it.

GSP did it.

Jones did it too, other than Johnson.

I'd argue that Anderson did not do it since he got KO'd by weidman
Anderson cleaned out his division for a few years. It's just that the next generation of MWs started creeping up, and he was still champion. Time is relative, unless we expect someone to be champion for decades.

Jones actually cleaned out his division at one point, except for gustaffson. But rumble and Cormier came from heavyweight (and even dif orgs) to spice things up

lol
No disrespect to the fighters, but outside of Uncle Creepy there was really nobody with which to begin.
how did you come up with Uncle Creepy? He's like, the tenth best fighter in the division maybe.

I'd argue that Anderson did not do it since he got KO'd by weidman
Oh jesus, so it's impossible to clean out your division then, because there will always be someone coming up. All of the contenders that were there when Anderson won the title, either got knocked off on their own or he beat them. Hence, he cleaned out his division......and then stayed until the next round of fighters entered the ranks. Much like GSP did.

I forgot Aldo up in my post, he's actually the most obvious. Demetius Johnson also.

There is literally no one left for M.M at 125.

It's like, move to 135 and have a superfight with Cruz or retire.

Some people in this thread dont seem to understand what cleaned out means.

Neil Seery

NeilSeery2_vice_670.jpg

Aldo is the correct answer.

MM doesnt count.

Back