Michael Chiesa out at UFC Fight Night 91, UFC seeks new opponent for Tony Ferguson

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
A high-profile lightweight contest between two top contenders has been scrapped, as Michael Chiesa has been forced to withdraw from UFC Fight Night 91.

MMAjunkie today confirmed with UFC officials that the promotion is now seeking a replacement opponent for Tony Ferguson willing to step in on a little more than two weeks’ notice.

Back troubles forced Chiesa out of the fight, and a timetable for his return wasn’t immediately established.

UFC Fight Night 91 takes place July 13 at Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls, S.D. The main card airs live on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on FOX Sport 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/michae...t-91-ufc-seeks-new-opponent-for-tony-ferguson

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck. I was looking forward to that one.

Bring on Horcher.

fuck fuck fuck fuck

That was such a good fight. Tony can not get a fight ffs.

FFS, isn't Khabib doing Ramadan or some shit

Was owed a main event fight by the UFC.

Asked for a main event fight against Tony Ferguson.

Finally got a main event fight against Tony Ferguson.

Pulls out of main event fight against Tony Ferguson.

UFC Fight Night Sioux Fails

Wow that sucks. I was really looking forward to this fight. Here are a few suggestions I have:

Porier
Dariush
Felder

He can't catch a break

Is Khabib ready?

I'm kinda glad tbh. This fight didn't do much for me for some reason. I really hope they find a good replacement though.

crown ferguson the champ all ready.

everyone ducking him

Poirier pls

giphy.gif

My goodness what a barn burner that would be!

Poirier's a good one but who knows if he'd take it short notice.

Fucking Khabib and his Ramadan...
Yeah I know it'll honestly probably be tough for them to find a high level guy that'll take this on two weeks notice. Porier or Dariush would be my top picks

Back